Thread: JTwin (also *joy* and before that Electric Joy

Distinguished Community Member

Default JTwin (also *joy* and before that Electric Joy

In the chit chat thread last month I mentioned that Joy was having serious problems and was taken to the hospital. At first they were working w 4 problems. They settled on a nasty UTI, double pneumonia, a GB attack and something I have forgotten. Her kidney function was 15% and temporary dialysis was discussed but that got better after hydration. Oh yes, the other problem was the severe dehydration.

She was also falling at home- four major dropping to the floor falls w nasty bruising. She couldn't make her legs function.

She recovered and was discharged on antibiotics (no home care, VNA, PT nothing). Just f/u appointments. About 2 days after the antibiotics were finished she was sick again. Very sick. Yesterday she was referred to a pulmonologist and she has fluid in one lung all the way up and an effusion in the other.

This morning, she is having the fluid drained off. If it has no blood she'll go home on antibiotics and if there is blood (from broken vessel from a fall- think chest wall to the bathroom sink- she will have to have surgery to remove the clotted blood.

She needs our good, positive, happy thoughts and especially prayers. We would both appreciate them.

Thank you,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What a boatload of trouble for Joy! I hope she has the best possible medical attention and will be able to get past this ordeal quickly.

Sending lots of good thoughts her way!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Having been there I know what she is going through. Joy keeping you in my thoughts.

Community Member

My best to Joy for a speedy recovery.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear of this happening to Joy.

Prayers and warm healing wishes are on their way.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

All right, she got "door number one" - the fluid was not blood! They took off 1000cc from one lung but had to stop because of muscle spasms (she was told not to take her meds before the procedure). Samples were sent to a lab.

She is happily at home recovering and has restarted antibiotics. She has a f/u appt to see if fluid re-accumulates.

Thank you all. She'll be here herself when she has more energy.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Speedy recovery, Joy. I hope answers come with it.