very upset after surgry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very upset after surgry

hi all real quick had my epilesy surgery on may 2nd they took my partlyl lobe out very pissed of the outcome they said i could lose 25% of my perphral vision i lost 100% im still at a nursing home unable to walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!my left hand is still shot hardly no feel at all very severe headaches still please no ? as im unable to type an im barely online anymore thx god bless u all

Npt to mention till having seizures
    Last edited by tigerchef1969; 07-01-2012, 02:23 PM.

You are in my prayers.
    Dave ©¿©¬
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Comment

Oh Jeff I am praying that this passes you quickly. (((((((Hugs))))))))

Comment

Give yourself time, things will improve. We always think we should be better sooner than we really are. I've had a few surgeries when that has happened but eventually I did improve, not in my time but in God's time. In 6 months time you'll see improvements from today, I'll betcha. Things need time to make new connections, it'll happen.

Bless you. :Hugs:

Comment

Hi Jeff,
          I had 75% of my RTL and all of my right hippocampus removed and I had a hard time seeing in the beginning but after a couple of months things were fine. I will be praying for you. Just take it one day at a time and you will see improvements. I wish you only the best of
          luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Hello Jeff, I was not sure but did they remove your Parietal lobe? I had thought it was to be Temporal lobe surgery. I found some good information but wanted to know if it was your Parietal lobe they removed before posting. I wish you the best and do take things slowly This surgery is a process and not an event for sure. Tattoo

Comment

Whenthe neuroseuergon tells me my vision will not come back cause thaata is where my seixues were coming from yes it was my parietal lobe they took im a realist not into looking into false hope or im so sick of people telling me i know how u fwel when they have no clue what my situation is or rhey are on some kind of miracle trip!!!!!!! dont need it right now

Comment

Nobody can really say anything to make you feel better. We can TRY but only you are doing your suffering not us. We are just sympathizing with your situation and doing the best we can. I will include you in my prayers. I talk to God a lot.

Comment

Hi (((Jeff)))

When I was a kid I was playing with a friend and had a freak accident and lost my sight for close to a month. I know it's hard to adjust to but take my word your other sense will get stronger. I was able to tell what my mom was baking and who
                  was walking around the house just by the sounds of their footsteps. My eyesight has never been the same since then and it got a lot worse after my 2nd brain surgery. Just have faith in God there's a reason why all of this is happening in your life
                  I feel that God has a plan for you. My prayers are with you and I wish you only the best. May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

I pray it will get better as some time passes by Jeff. Sorry to hear what must have been shocking results for you. Lets hope for the best. Bummer to hear they didn't seem to remove the epileptic tissue you had hoped for :/

--Travis

Comment

Thx everyone i missed u all and wish all of u a happy safe 4th of july

Comment

hi jeff, i am new to this forum...i don't have epilepsy but have had seizures from lyme disease. i just wanted to say i am sorry for the awful losses you are experiencing. i cannot imagine going through that surgery and come out losing so much function and STILL having seizures. I will pray, that in time your vision and ability to walk are restored and that your headaches will vanish and left hand will be fully functional again. I really hope you have good support from family and friends and the nursing home you are at. All my best, Diandra

Comment

HI Jeff, As far as I know my surgery only involved the right temporal lobe or really the mesial or middle area which is behind the actual temporal lobe. They find other areas of damage when they get in, in case all didn't show up on exams. If the tissue were tumor-like or more solid, they'd be able to see it clearly, but in the case of epileptogenic tissue, I can see it being more able to be detected after the skull is open and brain exposed. Using the electrocortical (sp) device to detect it before removing. This also lets them know where they are re functions if you are awake to respond as is the case in many surgeries. I was asleep for my surgery. I was told they they found lots of damaged tissue when they got in so in your case they may have been doing the same thing in trying to remove the damaged tissue the first time as in my case so you have a better chance for seizure free status and to make the surgery worth all you put into it the first time. This is too big a deal not to get it all if possible the first time.
                          That's sort of how mine was done. That allows them to remove much of the epileptogenic tissue so they do not have to go back in again which happens in too many cases. Now re the peripheral vision, I do not recall being told I could lose vision, but I feel sure it was in the fine print of the consent. I know from my work experience that all things possible are in the consent to make us aware of all possibilities even though most never happen. I am not aware of my parietal lobe being involved, but a couple of years ago, I was getting my eyes examined for glasses, and the optometist wanted me to see an opthalmologist. When I saw the opthalmologist, she did a peripheral vision test and discovered that I have areas where my peripheral vision is less than it should be. I was not at all aware of it. They call those areas cuts, but they are not at all gone!! The word cuts is incorrect!!!! I see from my peripheral vision, but I guess it is not as full as it was although it causes me no difficulty that I am aware of. There are two areas, one on each side in the lower corner like a quarter of a pie from both sides. I still see well, but the deficit is there. It does not bother me however as I have worn glasses since I was 7 years old. The opthalmologist said it must be from my surgery and also said they did a good job. She did an MRI related to the visual apparatus to see why the "cuts" were there etc. Do take into consideration that I had surgery in 1998 and this peripheral vision issue was not discovered until about 2010. I was totally unaware.
                          Re the parietal lobe in epilepsy surgery, I was not aware that it is also an area for epilepsy surgery until you mentioned it and I did some research.
                          I found an article written by docs from the Epilepsy Center that did my own surgery re the parietal lobe surgery so it must be a very real procedure. It also mentions peripheral vision, but as I said, it has not bothered me. There are no black areas. No holes etc. What I don't understand is what's up with your not being able to walk? Did you possibly have a small stroke? What do they say has affected your ability to walk?
                          See if you can find out what your plan of care and prognosis is for these issues. Keep us posted. Tattoo

1-http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=parietal%20lobectomy&source=web&c d=4&sqi=2&ved=0CGIQFjAD&url=http://www.jkns.or.kr/htm/pdfdown.asp?pn%3D0042004137&ei=ENTwT5qrBo-Q8wTFxdWLDQ&usg=AFQjCNGUTfxlOaYhvzqa1lTx8rO75iVOzg

2- Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

my neuro seurogeoen and neorgolist had 2 therios 1 was my vision the other was my dilantin which i tototally disagreeded with cause not once did they mention the removal of part of my parietal lobe plus i have been at a a level of 36 before and walking fine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't know what to say, except, I'm Sorry hun.
                              Lorraine (lor)

Comment

Working...
                              X