Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a bit nervous....

Distinguished Community Member Beachgirl's Avatar

Default Getting a bit nervous....

Hi everyone,

On Monday morning I am having major surgery. Unfortunately not on my aneurysm, but it is complicating what I am having done and making what is a somewhat straightforward procedure into a high risk category. My surgeon is covering all the bases and has spoken at length to my NS who will be on stand by...he has managed to get the anaesthetist here on the coast who only does high risk surgeries, so I am in good hands. I can't help being a little nervous though. Is there anyone out there who has had major surgery with an unruptured/inoperable annie??? I guess I just need a little reassurance. I know I shall be fine, and I am definately practising what I am always preaching with being in the moment, meditating, looking after myself, being kind on myself, spending quality time with those I love...but I can't really express to them my uneasiness and nerves. I don't want to worry them, so just stay happy and upbeat around them...you all know what I mean.

I guess I just needed to vent in a safe place where people would know and understand my fears.

Love and light,

Nat xx
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Hey Honey , you know this old lady has been in some pretty tight spots health wise, Honey I had major surgery and it was befor my aneurysm was coiled, I had what was thought to be a oviarn cancer and they had to operate very quickly, it turned out to be massive adhesions that had knotted around my intestions...very tricky.
    Dear sweet Natalie, I will hold you close in my heart and prayers, you have a good NS who will be at your side in a flash if needed and I am sure all will go well,so you will be in good hands and with all the love from this site and all your family and friends ...the prayers will go up for you like a great symphony, sending you the most positive thoughts and prayers for a sucessful surgery and complete recovery...We all love you and will be waiting .....Hugs to you Beautiful Nat. remember your message to us ..positive thoughts and peaceful light to be with you , Ging

Oh Wow Mz Nat!

Monday all day long we will be thinking on you - good thoughts - darn good thoughts kiddo!

No - I sure don't know anyone in your situation but bless them doctors of yours!!! Man oh man they sound good and I know we will send them good thoughts too and know you are in excellent medical hands.

I don't blame you being nervous - not one little bit. I have had 16 procedures in the last 7 years Nat - and I still get nervous before each one! I had 4 major surgeries in the last 12 months and am about worn out on them.

I think they named a ward after me!!! Jusssssssssst kidding - but hey it's perfectly ok to be nervous - we certainly ALL get that way
    and with your situation it's even more ok.

However - you are a strong, courageous, healthy, positive woman and you will come through brilliantly and with all of us cheering you on - well it just doesn't get any better than that!

We need someone to let us know when you wake up smiling Nat - have you someone who can post for you!

Take the next 3 days and pamper yourself silly! :)

Biggest Hugs to you my brave friend.
    Last edited by TropicalTrish; 06-22-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Community Member

Nat, i will be thinking about you all day long Monday and anxiously waiting word. I know all will go well for you. Take it easy and enjoy the weekend and relax. Good positive vibes being sent your way
    Shelly
    Shelly

Community Member

Default Nat!!!!

It'll all be fine Nat. I will be thinking positive things for you all day Monday. Please let us know how you are.
    ps have been loving reading about all of your singing dancing escapades via Facebook! Feel like I know you a little bit more!
    Much love and good vibes for Mondays surgery.
    trace ***

Nat
    It is only perfectly normal to be nervous with having any kind of surgery, even without the aniie.But you know you are going to be in good hands with all those doctors taking care of our little angel. We will all be there with you in spirit, sending all of our good thoughts and prayers.If it was possible we would all be there in the operating room with you, but i kinda doubt the room would be big enough.So with your eyes closed think of all your BT family here holding your hands as you go thru it.Keep you chin up and that pretty smile on your face, everything will turn out great.
    Wishing you nothing but the best
    Jimmy C

Jimmy, you are so right about our Nat! You put it into words that are straight to the point...we all wish her well and we love her and will be there in spirit.
    Nat, embrace the love and good wishes :)

Distinguished Community Member Beachgirl's Avatar

Wow, what would we all do without each other?? Thankyou soooo much for all your support. I feel so blessed right now. You are all the most amazing people - I wish I could give everyone of you a HUGE hug!! :) Being encircled in your love and strength is exactly what I needed today.

Jimmy - I will definately do that - think of you all as I drift off to sleep and feel you all there right beside me. Your words of kindness reduced me to tears - I feel really humbled.

Trace - yes, it's great to see you on FB too!! Glad you like my singing/dancing escapades!! :)

Shelly - thankyou - I will definately take it easy this weekend. I'm off to see one of my favourite bands play on Sunday!! Guaranteed smiles there!!

Trish and Ging - thankyou for being such amazing friends.

I'm ok - I'm going into this feeling positive. I was a bit wobbly earlier today, but feel calmer and happier now.

I will try to get someone to post on Facebook after my surgery - so maybe Ging or Trace could post on here to let everyone know??? I'll probably be posting pretty soon afterwards anyway - I will be bored out of my brain in hospital!! As soon as I'm out of the intensive care unit, I'll be online... ;) hehehehe

Sending lots of love and hugs to everyone

Nat xx
    Last edited by Beachgirl; 06-22-2012 at 11:05 PM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Hey everyone, our sweet Natalie came through the surgery fine and is doing well . Sleep , but okay...yay !

Community Member

Awesome. Thanks Ging
    Shelly
    Shelly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast