Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Now*, I'm on enough, freakin', meds., to open my own, flippin', pharmacy!!

Distinguished Community Member

Angry *Now*, I'm on enough, freakin', meds., to open my own, flippin', pharmacy!!

Lamictal - 1 and a half, twice, daily.
    zonisamide - 4 tablets, daily!

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,

You are lucky you are taking only 2 AED's I have to take 3 each day and when I was in my teens I was on 5 different AED's at one time. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Exclamation Bathroom Medicine chest, HA! I need a whole Kitchen Cupboard!

You should see all the prescription bottles in One whole kitchen cabinet AND I won't take all but 4 or 5 of them. And the thing is WE PAY for all this stuff!!! What a RACQUET!!!!
    Needlessly prescribing all this stuff and the thing is the one script that is helping me the most they scrimp on. I guess that's so I have to make an appt every month to get a refill. What a rip.

And so what do we do with all these meds when we don't need them? I can't bring myself to dump them into the toilet. All the water here goes back to the lake and it could potentially harm or kill the fish.

I wish I could just stop taking everything, I feel like my brain is fried. Some days all I do is sleep.

I know, Sue, it's a pain in the back-side!!

Phyllis

Barque, I don't know know *how*, you do it!?

Phyllis

Community Member

Welcome to the chaos :)

They have me on Keppra, Vimpat, Lyrica, and UrocitK. Then I have the daily vitamin as well as a Melatonin to help with sleep.

Even worse was when they added Dilantin for a month (yes on top of all the others!)
    My Keppra's are the lovely 1000mg's. I still have some scripts from the hospital back in February and my re-admittance in March.

It seems like a racket at times. IMHO having to destroy and properly dispose of medications is a disgrace. I had something like 3-4 months of Keppra 750's and TegXR over 4 months all had to be destroyed and disposed of properly. :(

--Travis

It is so cruel to be on so many medications. The Real problem began when I lost my company insurance and climbed onto Medicare. What a joke. I tried generics, and couldn't take them. So Until I pay 4700 to the feds, no help. I'm in the abyss (other-wise called the doughnut hold) . Beleive me, it should be called the abyss.

Linnie

Listen! I'll do *anything*, keeps me seizure-free!!!
    To me, that, is worth anything!!!

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,
    I'm sorry I haven't been around in a few days but it's been over 100 degrees here and I didn't want to turn the computer on for a long time. What you need to do is to watch what you are eating cut back on the carbs, starch foods and any foods with grain
    like wheat bread. Then see a dietician and go on the ketogenic diet to see if that will help reduce or stop your sz. The only other thing you can do is what I've mentioned before have a DNA test or look into having surgery done. I wish you the best of luck
    and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

I yearn for the days when I was just 100% ME, drug free and feeling normal. This isin't living, it's just barely existing. I hate my existence now. I am always in some kind of distress and it stinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast