Thread: Photo Album question

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Photo Album question

I'm sorry to be constantly asking questions, but I recently tried setting up a photo album in my Profile.

I seem to be the only person who has done this so far.

Is there a way to get captions onto the photos so that people viewing them will get some information about what they're looking at? I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Blog Entries

After you add the picture click the "edit pictures" button on the right. You should then see a box to the right of your picture, enter whatever text you want there. As far as I can tell this "caption" will only show up when someone hovers the pointer over the picture.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Blog Entries

Thanks! I must not have moused over the photos carefully enough because I wasn't seeing the captions. I see them now.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Agate it took me a while to get it but once you do it goes pretty fast and is fairly easy. I still need to go through and caption the rest of my pics.

Blog Entries

Christina, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a photo album. I agree that getting the photos there is easy.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Agate your furbabies are beautiful. I love the quilt Sophie is laying on. Did you make that?

Blog Entries

Thanks, Christina! Actually Phoebe is the cat who came along after Agate passed away. Agate's memory lives on in the photos and in my user name, I guess.

Yes, I'll take credit for making the quilt. I inherited an old quilt back in the 1970s and it promptly fell apart. So I redid it--same pattern and general idea--a scrap quilt in the LeMoyne Star design with a white background. This was quite a number of years ago. I patch it up if pieces start going bad but haven't done any major quilting projects in quite a while.

How neat that you're setting up a sewing room! One problem with another room is that it's one more place to keep clean, but it must be nice to have all of your sewing stuff together in one place.
    Last edited by agate; 06-13-2012 at 12:18 PM.