Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Completely, screwed up my meds.!!!

Distinguished Community Member

No problem!:)

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Phyllis I am totally confused. ARe you saying that you screwed up your dosage times? How many days? How off are you? Why would you go to the ER if you are not feeling bad? What would they do? What crap are you talking about?

Chris, I screwed up days, meds, dosages, I was supposed to take certain dosages of one for a while, then, stop and take a different dose of another for a certain amount of time, etc.
    It was just too confusing, so, I messed everything up!

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,

If you just took the wrong dosage of med but didn't over medicate yourself you should be fine. If you took your pm dosage in the morning instead of taking it at night things should be fine. If for some reason you start to feel dizzy,
    and have double vision this is a sign that your med has become toxic meaning to much med is in your system then you need to get to the ER or your Dr. a.s.a.p. because this is poisoning your system and it will take 2-4 days to flush out
    of your system. Take it easy and don't worry I've accidently taken the wrong dosage before and everything was fine. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Smile Hey, Porky!!........................................... ...........................Lol

Sue, she's had me on a couple of different things. What I think, I did is, I took too many of one,
    but, not, enough of the other, taken one, but, forgot the other, some days, etc.
    Anyhow, I'm not feeling any worse today, than, I did, last night, so, I'm going to wait until, tomorrow,
    and see what happens. But, since, I don't know if I've taken too much of one, but, not enough, of the other, shouldn't I get it it checked??? Ya know, Sue! I never did, claim to be the brightest crayon in the box!...lmao

Phyllis - aka, Piglet, Your piggy pal!!
    Last edited by Ponygirl; 06-10-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Cool Overcoming my wife's med challenges

My wife is challenged in keeping track of her meds and the schedule. She has a weekly pill tray, with individual daily units that have a number of compartments.

She uses the attached "matrix" to keep track of her meds when she moves them from the bottles to the daily tray units.

I send the "matrix" to her practitioners when a med changes. I addition, I have a copy in my wallet and she in hers. The matrix has been invaluable when she visits a new practitioner or she visits a hospital for a procedure.

By the way, I have the salient points of her medical history, events, test results, etc. It is four pages, but I squeeze it onto two pages (printing front and back), with two source pages per side. Same as above, her wallet and mine.

A sample of the "meds" is attached,. Yes I changed much of the dosages.

In any case good luck!
    Sample daily medication matrix.jpg

Ted,

I, have one of those pill organizers, too. Problem is, some, weeks, I forget to fill it when I'm supposed,
    to!:(
    Phyllis

Hi Pigl Pal Phyllis,

If I may ask what med did you take, what was the regular dosage you were told to take and what was the possible extra dosage that you took? If you could answer these questions for me I could be of more
    help. I make it a point and lay out all my AEDs before I go to bed at night so I know I will have the correct meds then I do the same thing for my evening dosage I lay them out so I don't forget to take them
    and I have the correct dosage of each AED out. You might want to give it a try and be sure to set the AED's in the same location each time. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Piggy Sue

Default Okay! I'm going to *try*, not, to screw this up!!

Lamotrigine: 1 and 1/2, twice, per, day.
    Okay! This, is what's confusing!
    Zonisamide: week 1: 1, daily
    week 2: 2, daily
    week 3: 3, daily
    week 4: 4, daily
    And somewhere, along, the line, I'm supposed, to *stop*, the Lamotrigine!

*You*, want to make sense out of this mumbo-jumbo?!?...Lol...;)

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I have one of those trays/boxes to. Untill recently I only had one box, I didn't know of them. I love it. Fill once & you're set for the week.
    Lorraine (lor)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast