Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever feel like your nervous system is nuts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever feel like your nervous system is nuts??

Well my CP caused me to hit someone again. Does anyone here with CP ever have moments where your body causes you to do something and you say to yourself "My nervous system is completely nuts!!"? Just curious. That's how I felt today.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

I had a friend a long time ago that had CP. She was always slapping someone, even me.

Comment

OMG-yes... Thanks so much for this thread because it has happened to me a couple times and I have been so embarrassed that after it happened I couldn't talk about it!!!!!!

I still remember in 7th grade I hit, real lightly an aide's hand!! I, I, I-don't know how it happened!! I so did not want to and it just...I don't know?? She was my fav and after I said I am so sorry, I really didn't mean to! really..She said ok, you're fine, it was barely a tap..I just didn't know how it happened!!! It freaked me out!! Like that's unacceptable behavior from a 7th grader!!!!!!!!!!! Another aide that year I so totally wanted to punch out and it took all my self control not to!!!!! (Another story)

Then in college I needed to talk to someone who didn't want to talk to me..I started to try and again I tried to calmly approach him in public, but he was by himself, and I moved toward's him, not at all meaning to!!!!!!!!!!! He just said get away..I realized immediately and backed up but me saying "ok I am not trying to get in your space, I just have a question.." It didn't work. Part of me was so frustrated-why did I move towards him in the beginning?? I just wanted to scream at myself why did you do that why did you move towards the guy? That so did not help!!!

OMG with cp or whatever the hell I have the smaller symptoms can be the most humiliating Not being totally control of your body in situations that are a little tense when one needs to be in total control of themselves. Not being able to control laughter..Not being able to talk as fast or as loud in a fight so your feeling frustrated that you are not being heard which leads to freaky physical actions that u do not want to do and aren't sure did I decide to do that to try to be heard or was it involuntary?? I do not even know..Or people saying why are you so loud when again you do not mean to be loud, it's not my intent to yell. Or times where anyone would yell, but when I yell it is just not understandable....Awful how everything is screwed up fro whatever neuro defect I have-I just want it to go away!!
      Last edited by jul97; 06-21-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jul97 View Post
        OMG-yes... Thanks so much for this thread because it has happened to me a couple times and I have been so embarrassed that after it happened I couldn't talk about it!!!!!!

I still remember in 7th grade I hit, real lightly an aide's hand!! I, I, I-don't know how it happened!! I so did not want to and it just...I don't know?? She was my fav and after I said I am so sorry, I really didn't mean to! really..She said ok, you're fine, it was barely a tap..I just didn't know how it happened!!! It freaked me out!! Like that's unacceptable behavior from a 7th grader!!!!!!!!!!! Another aide that year I so totally wanted to punch out and it took all my self control not to!!!!! (Another story)

Then in college I needed to talk to someone who didn't want to talk to me..I started to try and again I tried to calmly approach him in public, but he was by himself, and I moved toward's him, not at all meaning to!!!!!!!!!!! He just said get away..I realized immediately and backed up but me saying "ok I am not trying to get in your space, I just have a question.." It didn't work. Part of me was so frustrated-why did I move towards him in the beginning?? I just wanted to scream at myself why did you do that why did you move towards the guy? That so did not help!!!

OMG with cp or whatever the hell I have the smaller symptoms can be the most humiliating Not being totally control of your body in situations that are a little tense when one needs to be in total control of themselves. Not being able to control laughter..Not being able to talk as fast or as loud in a fight so your feeling frustrated that you are not being heard which leads to freaky physical actions that u do not want to do and aren't sure did I decide to do that to try to be heard or was it involuntary?? I do not even know..Or people saying why are you so loud when again you do not mean to be loud, it's not my intent to yell. Or times where anyone would yell, but when I yell it is just not understandable....Awful how everything is screwed up fro whatever neuro defect I have-I just want it to go away!!
        You're welcome! Boy do I know the feeling! I have a problem similar to the yelling but in my case it is in reverse where I get way to quiet. Sometimes I can feel when I'm about to have a moment of being too quiet but most of the time I can't. This family member I have likes to mock me when my voice gets to quiet which hurts my feelings and just makes the problem worse. And I recently discovered that when my body feels tense and stressed(like when my Moro(startle)reflex goes off) I tend to say mean things to people like "I hate you!" Someone told me when you have CP your body stores emotions in the spasms so I know its that but it makes me crazy because I'v hurt some people's feelings big time without ever wanting to or meaning to which really makes me feel horrible because I usually end up saying those things to people I love.

btw I had a physical therapist who was pregnant who I hit the same way you hit the aide. I felt bad that I did it because she was pregnant but I honestly could not stand the woman.
        My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Again, I had no problem wth the aide-it was an involuntary movement that came out of nowhere!! another incidence is my stomping my foot when a teacher told me no, again totally involuntary was so embarrassed.

Comment

I get what you mean Jul. I hit my best friend who also has CP in the chin once. You can read my post about it here: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... Since he has CP he knew it was involuntary but it was still super embarrassing. I remember a dancer with CP saying once "It feels like my body is hijacked. These movements are not mine and there's nothing I can do about it. It feels like there's someone else in there" and I really related to what he said because when I lose control it's like someone else is doing these movements instead of me.
            Last edited by funnylegs4; 06-23-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Hit someone again, well I scratched them when I fell on them and I felt horrible. I didn't injure anyone though. When I fall my nails stick out, as part of my moro reflex(my hands try to grab stuff to stop my fall) and for the first time in my life I have good nails so I know it hurt. I feel like such a jerk even though it was involuntary. :P
              Last edited by funnylegs4; 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X