Thread: New Meds. or dosage??????

Distinguished Community Member

Question New Meds. or dosage??????

How do you know, whether, you need a different dosage, or, a different Med., entirely??????
    I mean, is it normal to have some "twinges", sometimes? Or, are you not supposed to have them,
    at, all?????? What's normal?????? Sue? Anyone???

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,

For many yrs. I've had to try at least 13 different AED's and my Epi would sometimes increase or decrease the dosage to see if it would work, I finally said "enough of that" and told my Epi to do a DNA test on me to
    find out what AED's would work the best for me and this is what you should do. By doing the DNA test the neuro./Epi will find out what AED works for you, along with the dosage you need and you won't have to keep messing
    around with your AED's . Once in a while I will still have sz. but a lot of it is related to stress, cell phones, and the weather. Sometimes if the drug level is to high or to low that can also cause twings or sz. for some people.
    Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thumbs up

Thank you, Sue!! I'd love to know why, these *air-heads* didn't do the correct test in,
    the first place, instead, of doing every other blood test, under, the sun?!?
    Again, thank you for all of your *incredible* knowledge!!!

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

A DNA test tells you what AEDs you should take? The first time you go to the Dr. he should have you get one.
    Lorraine (lor)

Thumbs up Lor, thank you!!

I'm not waiting for Mon. Re.; this! I'm going to the E.R., tomorrow!;) I'll let you know!:)

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,

I hope all goes well for you. Take my word my Drs. didn't like the idea of me having a DNA test done because they knew that each time they gave me a new perscription they were making money from the company that made the drug
    I was taking. After looking into it and finding out about DNA that's when I spoke up and demanded that they do a DNA test on me. I've learned over the yrs. that some Drs. don't like it if the patient knows more in the medical field than
    they want them to. One neuro I saw didn't like it and refused to see me anymore but what it really came down to is I knew more about AED's and what could be done to treat sz. more than the Dr. wanted me to know so she kicked me out
    and told me she no longer wanted to see me anymore. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
    Last edited by Porkette; 05-19-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Cool Hey, Miss Piggy!!

I'm telling you, *IF*, I* had a brain, I*'d be dangerous!! I *thought*, I understood what she told me
    *but*, I *didn't! I just, hung up with her. She had to go over *everything*, *again*!! No wonder, I was
    having *serious* side-effects!! I was making *serious* mistakes!!

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Sue, Warn others near that Dr., about her. Tell them what you told us.
    Lorraine (lor)