Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone experience extreme cold when overtired?

Distinguished Community Member

Question Anyone experience extreme cold when overtired?

When overtired I frequently am freezing. It is a cold that goes to my core. I just realized that this must be MS related. It usually accompanies dizziness if not vertigo.

This has happened on a number of occasions. Most recently after working a long and wonderful farmers' market, I came home, took a shower and my husband and I went to a housewarming party. It started out as an afternoon backyard party but turned into a basement jam with the many musicians there.

I got freezing cold although it wasn't cold. We were inside at that point.
    Fortunately the dizziness didn't hit until we arrived at home.

I hadn't attributed the ice in my bones feeling to MS but realized later it mus be.

Does anyone else experience this?
    ~Susan
    Be the person your dog thinks you are

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Yes Susan, I notice that last Fall, before falling and going to hospital. I couldn't understand why I was so cold since it was relatively warm outside and inside, at the time.

When I was in the hospital, it reversed, where I was way too warm. I had a fever which may have been the reason. Anyway, I'm convinced it was all MS, my exhaustion, coldness, weakness, my fall, all became an awful MS flare.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've had this happen sometimes. Usually it's more that I feel cold more severely when I'm tired. If it's cold out and people are saying it's chilly, I might be quite uncomfortable.

"Ice in my bones feeling"--that says it very well.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Community Member

"Ice in my bones feeling"--that says it very well.[/QUOTE]

It sure does!!
    "No man is an island entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main"....
    John Donne

Thanks for responding, you guys. I am not off based in relating it to MS. I try really hard to not associate everything with MS.

Sally, I sure hope you are happily on the other side of what sound like a horrid exacerbation.

~Susan

I have this and have had it for a long time. I have to have my air conditioner up higher so it will stay warmer in the house. Even on just slightly cool nights I have to wear socks to bed, even though I already have blankets.

Most evenings I can hardly wait to get into a heavy robe because it is warmer than my regular clothing. So, if no one is coming I do that early and then get on with the rest of my evening. I am just so cold much of the time that I had not thought to notice if it is when I am more tired.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Altho' I am incredibly heat intolerant in the warm weather, when I am exhausted and the house is 65 degrees and it is cooler or really humid outside, the "ice in the bones" is a very appropriate description of how I feel. When I am not over tired, I do not notice it as much.

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Freezing most of the time now although it wasn't always like that . Strange thing is I can't stand to breathe hot air!
    I seem to really get cold the moment I hit the sheets even though they're fleece or flannel. Even my face is cold! Is it because I'm tired?
    It takes me a long time to get warm enough so I can go to sleep. Then I wake up a few hours later with my heart pounding, overheated.
    As soon as I throw off the blankets, my heart slows and I'm okay.
    Very strange and my husband thinks I'm nuts cuz he says it's not even cold!

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Ssusan,, I have the worse circulation,, always cold,, have to wear sweats, and sox, in the summertime,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Sorry. I did not know there were replies. It's not sending message to my inbox. Anyway...

My thermostat has been wacky for years although this over tired thing is different but probably related to some degree. At night I alternate between hot flashiness and cold. This is sort of normal for me.

Last summer when ac was on too high for my taste, my husband would ask if I'd like a down jacket.

I am frequently overheated which we all know is bad. I guess I will make sure to always have outer layer available even when it seems unnecessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast