Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut Down

Distinguished Community Member

Default Cut Down

Hi Folks,

I hope all is going well for everyone. Right now I'm ready to explode after a co worker ran me down in the middle of a school hallway in front of students and staff saying: "You've got a shi**ty attitude didn't you take your meds today?"
    The only reason why the co worker said this to me was because I didn't take time to talk with her earlier in the day and that's because I was rushing around getting ready for classes. I don't know how the rest of you would feel but I feel this
    is discrimination and I'm debating on what I should do. I did report this matter to the school principal but I'm wondering if I should get more action going. My co worker has known about my sz. since I began working in the school and I don't feel
    that it's right saying those kinds of words to me in a hallway filled with students and staff.
    How would you handle this if it happened to you and would you want your kids to hear that kind of language? Thanks for you time and support. May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Sue, that was so out of line and this person sure needs to be called on the carpet by the principal, and no even though kids today hear that kind of talk, she should have more class that to show her self as a gutter talking person especially in her work place.. she is supposed to be an example to the children in a positive good way. I can only imagine how she treats a student that might have self esteem issues. Not a positive influnce. I am sorry this happened to you and just hold your head up and not let her tear you down for one moment. (((Hugs))) Ging

Hi((( Ging,)))
    Thanks for your time and understanding. Take my word I won't let my co worker get the best of me or run me down. My co worker has to work around students that have sz. and other medical problems so I've made the decision
    to speak up for the students as well as myself. I'm tired of others putting people with Epilepsy down and I plan on speaking up at the school where I work so it won't happen again. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Exclamation If you can, get the B*TCH FIRED!!!!!!

She shouldn't be teaching students to treat people that way!!!

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,

I just sent a letter to my local epilepsy support group and I'm going to see what they think I should day and if needed the lawyer will be coming to the school to have it out with the co worker and administrators. I'm fed
    up the cut downs on students and other staff because of their medical conditions. It's time to stand up and fight for the students and staff that care. Wishing you the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Porkette, I had to read that twice, thinking 'what did that lady say?'. There's usualy kids in a school.
    Lorraine (lor)

Hi Lor,

My co worker said the following: "You have a shi**y attitude, didn't you take your meds today?" I work with students in junior high school and I have to change classes each period just like the students do, My co worker said this
    to me in the hallway while changing classes in front of many students and 3-4 other staff that were in the hallway at the time. I've reported this to the school principal and as of Thursday he still hasn't done a darn thing. Here's wishing
    you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Sue, What I meant was I litteraly said that to myself. Like "what in the helI did that lady say? What it the....."
    Lorraine (lor)

I knew what you said hun. I said I read it twice because I couldn't beieve she would ever say that. I said "there are usualy kids in a school" as a joke, we all know there are kids in a school.
    Lorraine (lor)

Hi Folks,

On Tuesday there will be a meeting with the school principal, union president, and my co worker regarding this matter. I got some legal info. and plan on standing up for myself and everyone else with epilepsy.

Lor, I'm sorry I misunderstood you, thanks for explaining what you were trying to tell me. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast