Thread: THANKS Not Working

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

Question THANKS Not Working

Hi All,

I went to add my "thanks" to another's post, but my name did not show up & meanwhile the "thanks" option disappeared. I was able to post my own reply, but the "thanks" button was still gone above my reply. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Distinguished Community Member

I don't have a clue. It is working now. I have had it delay but not go entirely away.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Blog Entries

Are you still having issues Beader? I haven't found anything odd, perhaps you could point me to the post in question?
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

Hi Mike,

"Spending the Day in my Room" in Emotional Support Forum post #3 was where I couldn't get THANKS to work, but now I see that it has gone thru. It had disappeared while I was reading & posting at the time, but it seems to have returned! No worries.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Blog Entries

Ah good :) I would guess it was just "lag" that prevented it from behaving normally.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just switched to the new style (and can't get out of it as I posted in another thread). I don't see any Thanks or any Thank option now.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Blog Entries

This is an older thread but maybe bringing it up will help somehow to fix this problem--the Thanks button isn't working for me. I tried using several different styles with no luck. Are others noticing this?

Blog Entries

It's fixed now! Many thanks to whoever made that possible!

Now I'm thanking everyone, everywhere!