Thread: The Worst Day Of My Life, So Far

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default The Worst Day Of My Life, So Far

Well, I could say this many time lately, but I am reminded of Pati's words, You can always find something good in there, you just gotta look!

Thank you wise friend that makes me stop and think when I start grumbling. ((((Pati))))

My desk here is getting kind of cluttered and I need to plow thru it and see what is under there. I haven't been here much in the past 2 month because of illness. I could be much worse off and I know that. It is just depressing when I don't even feel like posting here on BT now and then.

I have give up trying to "catch" up on all the news, but I'm trying to hit the important things, like Hank being so close to death and I see today he was discharged from the hospital maybe Friday? and poor Jan out smarted the old devil again. She fell and bruised up her knee. Said she didn't break it, but we all know sometimes a bruise like that is worse than if she had broken it. Glad she didn't though.

I've had a lot of time to think, that is good and bad. I have missed my friends here at Brain Talk and hope I'll be able to get back here more often.

I see a lot of new names, no matter if they are old, but have new name or if they are just "new". To all I say WELCOME!

While clearing my desk here I found this book that I read when MIL was still alive. She was still breathing, but not realy living. The name of the book the book is the same as this thread title.. It isn't "heavy reading", but it may bring on some tears.

If you like to read you may want to check this out. In some ways it had some encouraging words I think probably all of us could find to help us along the days of Chronic Pain, Caregiving and all other illness we have.

The book was written by M. A. Harper, title "The Worst Day Of My Life, So Far."

It's good to read about all the things going on here at my second home, Brain TAlk. I'm glad I was able to come today and hope to come more as time goes on.
    I send my love and prayers to all of you, Jo aka Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Hey Jo, thanks for the book information, I used to have my 90 year old Aunt that I took care of , it was a thirty six hour day for me, always something, I miss her, she had quiet an edge to her, but it got her through life and when times were tougher than now. I will check out the book

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

julia !!!

so nice to see you posting. i hope you keep getting better every day. i miss you so much, as i'm sure many others do, too!

(((hugs))),
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Love you Big Queenie. Glad to hear from you. (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

I'm thinking the worst day of my life hasn't happened yet, or, if it did, I didn't know that it was. Go figger, eh?
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member

Jo,hope you are able to keep up with all the new posts/people. I don't think many of us have had the worse day yet. I kinda figure we can always get worse no matter the current situation. now isn't that just cheerful??

I take no credit for getting you back here,just very grateful you managed to post.

(((hugs & loves))) Pati