Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Can't take these siezure-iype. feejings!!!

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ponygirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I really am, considering, an epileptologist. I mean, it can't be worse, than, where I am, now.
    I mean, I'm seeing just, a regular PCP, whom, can be seen for, *anything*. I really don't think, she
    knows much, about, siezures.

Phyllis
    Try that link that Travis gave for naec --- Epilepsy centers. There are several at level 4 in the Boston area listed there. Lahey, MGH, Brigham and Women's, etc. It's a gold mine.

It is important to understand that the Levels of the Comprehensive Centers on NAEC refer to what the Center is able to do and the services they are able provide. Some are able to do intracranial monitoring and another may not have that device. Even though the Level is a 4 or a 3 etc. it is still of utmost importance to check them out. Ask the right questions, and if possible talk to other patients who are treated at the place you go. Just because they CAN do all options involved in treatment does not mean the quality is what is should be or what patients deserve. I can name one of those as I was the patient and could have died at a level 4 Center with a well known name. Name is just that. A name only. Tattoo

Ummm,...Thank you VERY, much for the Info.!!! I think, I'll stick with my hospital!;)

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Travis, I went to that site you put & my center & Dr. are listed. Thats nice to know.
    Lorraine (lor)

Community Member

:)
    I know the clinic I go to on the list. Last year/early this year there was that top doctors in the US article...A couple of my docs there were listed. That was nice to see.

The Center that did my first VEEG where they let me stay n status for "a day" according to my doc is also on the list as a Level 4. I cold have died and their epilepsy program is horrible and all about them and NOT abt the patient. Even though they are on that list, you still have to know the place and their providers ability and quality of care as my experience shows. The one I transferred to that did my surgery is also on the list as Level 4 but they were wonderful!!!! I don;t think I could have asked for better! Only about 100 miles apart in the same state. The one that did me harm had a more well known name. Good name but horrible, negligent care. Just thought I'd share my experience. Tattoo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123