Thread: Keppra assistance Program closed

Distinguished Community Member

Default Keppra assistance Program closed

On 2:45 PM, on 1/13/2012 , I called the UCB Patient Assistance Program for Keppra.
    I Was told that the UCB Patient Assistance Program closed 9/31/2011, and was told that they didn't know when or even whether it would reopen. The number to the UCB Patient Assistance Program is 1-866-395-8366

Linnie

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

The assistance program probably closed due to the fact that Keppra is now available as a generic (Levetiracetam.)

I was switched to the generic as soon as it came on the market without any ill effects.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

I have used that for a good while and last time they contacted me with a letter asking if i needed to reapply as I should be getting low on Keppra. That was at the end of last year in 2011. I have thought for a while that they may only be doing this for past patients as I cannot find it mentioned on their website like I used to find. They added Vimpat to the for used and only have XR for Keppra, but I write in plain Keppra, and that is what the script is. I think the addition of Vimpat as their new drug may have something to do with the change in Keppra assistance. Do you have the form? I have it only desktop if that will help. I didn't check your number before I posted, but since they are in Smyrna, Ga, you might can find out about it from them. I have talked to that Smyrna number before. I have 770-970-7500 for Smyrna and 866-395-8366 for Patient Assistance. It may be old though. Good luck, Tattoo

Tattoo,
    I think that ,at present, UCB has ,in their beneficence, continued it For 2011- patients only. Trouble was , it was only for people who had no job paying more than 12,000, no insurance, and no savings above $3000. In 2011 , I did have a small job, insurance, and saved and saved and saved ad naseum. Keppra is Big Pharm's Poster Child of incredibly heartless expensive meds.
    Howdy Dave, I'm glad to hear you made the transition. It sure gives me hope ....UCB doesn't

Linnie
    P.s. Is My displeasure obvious?

Dilantin did last year too.

I applied for the Keppra assistance program in Dec 2011 but was denied due to making too much. I really was not making much at all but their income criterion was low. Now that there may be a change to my income, I called UCB yesterday and spoke with one in the Keppra Patient Assistance program. I was informed that they have changed their income level to one that is a little more than $32,00 a year for one person. If you make less than that you will qualify for their program. Still it may be open to only those who were already in the program, but I didn't ask that. no I have to reapply as it is after 3 months since I applied before will have to get a new script too, and my PCP closed her doors in March. Will have to get a new doc to complete my forms and reapply, but at least I may qualify this time. Thought I'd let you know about the change in income. Possibly other companies did the same. Tattoo