Thread: A Video Clip of my Recent Talk in Toronto

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Default A Video Clip of my Recent Talk in Toronto

On April 10, I spoke at the Holland Bloorview Kids' Rehabilitation Hospital in Toronto. Here's a short clip from my talk.
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Community Member

Bookmarked your blog Donna. You are very eloquent.
    Carrie mom to Amanda my new angel 12-29-07.NO LONGER DXD Multicystic Encephalomalcia, Acryptic CAH, Loved to watch mtv hits, wrestling, 3 stooges, Andy Griffith and Spongebob Square pants.

And Josh 21 year old brain.

Blog Entries

Thanks, Carrie! How are you doing? I'm glad you're still here on CN - I posted on the Child Neuro facebook page for folks to come over and say but no one has yet....
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!

Donna,

Thanks for that clip. I didn't know anything about that Nobel-ist.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar

((((((Donna))))))

I'd love to hear your entire speech!

You are such a fantastic advocate. Thank you for your tireless efforts on behalf of persons with disabling conditions.

Is it me, or has your blog changed? The format looks quite different.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 44, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Blog Entries

Hi Rose! My daughter Natalie has been helping me update the look of my blog :) it's still a work in progress! I am so glad that someone reads it - lol - I spend so much time writing and thinking, but sometimes I think.... who is reading this thing??? Well, now I have renewed energy knowing that you are, Rose, thank you!!!

Lots of love xoxDonna

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar

((((((Donna))))))

I admit that sometimes I'm lazy about visiting your blog, because you post your blog posts here. But I have visited your blog many times, in between your postings here. I should leave comments there, so you know I've been there! But they would likely be redundant to my responses here at CN.

That's great that Natalie is helping you with your blog design. I'll bet you two are having fun with it. It looks great, but I also like the previous version.

Please keep thinking and writing! We need your voice!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 44, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.