Thread: migraine headaches!!!!!!

Community Member

Default migraine headaches!!!!!!

Hey sorry I have not been on.I have been having migraine headaches.Where I am just crying and moaning trying to sleep but that aint easy.And it is hard to think or do anything else.I HATE THEM.Because my fibro started with migraine headache it was ONE migraine that did not ever go away for about four months I was either at the doctor trying to figure it out or in my dark bedroom crying.I didnt sleep.I would pass out from the pain but i dont thank I slept I dont remember much of that time because it hurt soooo bad.And I am so scared they are trying to come back.

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Thumbs down

Been there so I know how you are suffering. I found that Excedrin really did take away quite a bit of the agony and sleeping with a heating pad on or under my head gave me many hours of pain free sleep. I hope this helps if only a little. Migranes are pure torture.

Community Member

Thanks for the info.Might have to try that.

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

I don't know why they tell you to put COLD on a migrane, that just made me scream. The heat relaxes the spasming blood vessels. The caffiene in the Excedrine helps too with that spasming.

Exclamation

I can identify with the relief obtained from a heating pad. Having "said" that, when I was in the ER because of a stroke my neuro told me that although it may feel good, heat can make the headache into something else. I haven't used a heating pad or anything like it since. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!

suse