Tired and needing sleep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired and needing sleep!

Hey all,I am so tired and i aint sleeping good.And my nerves have been really really bad lately I have been having anxitey attacks.I just wish I could get a good night sleep.But I cant.And it is waring me down.I am so tired I have been getting haedaches for the past 4 days.All I want to do is cry.Everything hurts.And I just dont know what to do anymore.I have tired different sleep meds but NOTHING helps.IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!Does anyone have any ideas of something to help me.I fill like i am never ever going to get a good night sleep ever again.
    Kee, Fibro for 10yrs ,IBS for 15yrs ,Anxetiy for about 2yrs.I am 20yrs old.
    God is Good! I love ALL animals
    Mom to D.O.G.(german sheperd mix 11yrs old),Radar(Chihuahua 8yrs old) Nutz(lab mix 3yrs old) and Callie(calico kitty 16yrs old) I am also Sissy to 5 more chihuahuas.

Hi Ima - I replied to your post, like this one, but in a different thread/forum yesterday... I cannot find it now, this place is huge [its great tho]

Anyhow, I want you to know someone read it... wherever it is.

And, that I don't sleep much either. And, lately, sleep or no sleep, I am terribly sleepy most of the time, nodding off for 10 mins, never sleeping more than 2 or 3 hours...

I made a friend of you too - in Profile. I hope thats ok. I just relate to your troubles.

are you a chronic Pain type too?

Comment

Yes I am a chronic pain type too.Thanks for being freinds.
      Mom to D.O.G.(german sheperd mix 11yrs old),Radar(Chihuahua 8yrs old) Nutz(lab mix 3yrs old) and Callie(calico kitty 16yrs old) I am also Sissy to 5 more chihuahuas.

Comment

Forgive me hon, I'm old and forgetful. Have you said whether or not you have seen a doctor about this? If you haven't could you? I know that if you don't have insurance you may be putting off going. But I'd hope you would go. I hate for anyone to always be feeling bad. Lack of sleep can cause a lot of things, depression is one of them when you feel so bad all the time.

So can you tell me have you seen a doctor? I surely hope you will if you haven't yet.
        My neck stays so sore from dropping off to sleep sitting up. I went from Wednesday night in bed until Sunday before I went back to bed. I spent all that time in a recliner. nodding off and on.

And here I was thinking my sleeping had finally improved. Yeah but not for any good reasons tho.

Good luck with yours
        Last edited by joy; 04-18-2012, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Yes i have seen a doctor about this.I have took many different sleeping meds they dont help.I take something for depression and my anxeity.And then I have pain meds when i need them.I just cant find anything that helps me to sleep.

Comment

Sorry I know that happens sometimes. There are times I may go to bed 3xa week myself. I don't always sleep tho. I hope things get better for you. Other days I can sit in recliner for days and nod off. I just found out why yesterday that I hve been doing it. Awesome kidney infection plus terrible allergies. My eyes were almost as gumy sticky as when I had pink eyes as a kid. not nice at all.

Comment

hi Joy. Is this sleep problem more severe lately, or has it been that way all year? for years?

Anyway, I am finding that some of my weakness and "awesome terrible fatigue" lately might have something to do with BMs [bowel movements] - the cold wet weather got me a bit depressed, I was eating more to cope and perhaps just out of boredom, and that means having more BMs... i should have remembered this from before... BMs cause weakness and having 3 or 4 in a day left me incapacitated.

I am going back to my starvation diet I have followed for 10 years... they say it leads to long life!! [not that I want that...]

There are other factors too, but I am just saying bowel habits might play a role

Comment

no it is not new but it did get worse with 2 blood clots in my lungs. Low oxygen. I use it at night, when I do make it to bed that is. In daytime I leave it as it is a big machine and all. I also have 2 other infections so that made it worse. But always had sleep problems of some sort. Eith way to much or days without it. always something it seems. It could be worse and now that I am retired, it doesn't matter so much to me when I do sleep.

Comment

Sorry wrong person this is my moms account lol.I will post to you all later.
                  Last edited by feelingfoggy; 04-24-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Hey All,Fillmore I have alot of BM cause of my IBS.I also have really bad allergies. Umm I still aint feeling good.I am still having headaches.and everything.Fibro is in a flare and not happy.I am hurting all over.

Comment

IMABIGPAIN - I suffer from the exact same symtoms I take Xanax but that is not a good sleep med. Benadry wil help for a nifgt or two then you have to wait a week or so before it wil help again. My doc. wo't do sleep meds becacause of the other meds I take, Xanax being the principal one so now I just fall asleep in my chair when I can. I wish you luck, not sleeping is a b-----.
                      Blessings
                      alex44
                      skypilot

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but i suffer from the same problem -- lack of sleep. Benadryl doesn't work for me, and I don't dare take Xanax because I became addicted to it years ago -- and I could get addicted to lint! I have a very addictive personality, so I have to be very careful what I take!

There are times I'm awake for 2-3 days at a time, before I finally go to sleep for any length of time. It really drives me nuts. it's a good thing I don't work outside the home or I'd be a zombie! LOL And if you add brain fog to that, they'd probably admit me to a mental hospital and lock me away forever! LOL

I hope everyone is doing well. It would be nice if they could find a safe way to put us to sleep without addictive medications. Take care all, and God bless! Hugs, Lee
                        Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
                        severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Comment

sorry to hear you have sleep problems also. I go from not sleeping to sleeping way to much. can't seem to figure it out and of course I do not accomplish much of anything either way my sleeping pattern is. It is bad for people who do have an addictive nature having to take medicines. each new drug I have to take scares me until I see how it works in my system. I am always afraid of getting on something addictive. I would hate being out of control and miserable. ((((HUGS)))) back to you and take care.

Comment

Benadryl is a good choice. I agree. Also helps stop my nighttime leg cramps.
                            Inflammation after a car accident is my main cause of LOS (lack of sleep).
                            So I take omega 3 and omega red krill. Also I bought a pound of organic turmeric (ground) and a tsp in hot water every morning is my wake up tea.

Comment

Welcome to BrainTalk, FineArtist. I am happy to see posting here in 2015. I know there are many still here that suffer from this awful pain. I'm wondering if anybody else have good news about Fibro. I'm not making too much sense, but I have been hurting bad recently. It never goes away, but now and again other painful area's take over.

I hope to here from others on this. Take care all, Julia s
                              Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                              'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X