Thread: Seizure made me happy?

Community Member

Default Seizure made me happy?

I think I just had the first seizure after the surgery. I say THINK because it was nothing like I ever had before. I started smelling an aroma as if I opened a fridge after being unplugged for a month. I had a tingling sensation on my neck. Thats it!! No problems with vision, hearing, balance, speech, muscles...

For the first time I'm HAPPY to have a seizure after the surgery.

And as I said, I THINK it was a seizure. Never had one like that before. If it was, and if thats as bad as they will get, I'm a very happy camper!!

--Travis

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Travis,
    If this was a sz. it sounds like an aura sz. I had a lot of them after I had my surgery and it still happens today. I will smell wierd odours and then it's over. Once in a while the aura (simple partial) sz. will lead into an absence
    or cp sz. but not that often.
    My neurosurgeon told me I would have sz. after my surgery because the nerves were healing along with the swelling of my brain from the surgery.
    I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Hi Travis .... Why are you happy to have a seizure after surgery?
    Before I had surgery I used to get those weird, awful smells ... mine were of a body that hadn't bathed in 10 years! I finally learned that those smells meant that a cluster of CPs was coming in a day or two. Neuro said they were an aura.
    Hope you're well and safe.

Hey Travis, I'm scheduled to have the first phase surgery at the Cleveland Clinic at 8:30am on May2nd and the Second the Resection done on the 9th! I guess if that what makes u happy brother good for you friend!!! Now this is me talking and has nothing to do with you and trust me I know its a 50 to 60% chance for myself to become seizure free, but I will cross that road when I'm there! Thanks for the update Travis.. God Bless Jeff

Community Member

Jingle, I had been almost fearing a seizure would be striking going weeks without one after the operation. If that was all they will be, heck I don't worry now.

A medical professional that was spoken to the other day said, without having worked my case, that it could have been an indication of the brain neurons healing.

I often had CP's before; so thats why I didn't mind an aura like that one.

--Travis

Community Member

Heard back from the doctor. They suspect it was NOT a seizure due to it being radically different from all the ones on file.

I was sent another email from a surgical assistant who made a comment based on what she was told by a family member. Even though she did not know my case first hand, it was interesting to hear her comments.

Finally I'm tired at this time. Maybe I'll get a full nights sleep for the first time this week!

--Travis