Thread: Heyy All!

Community Member

Default Heyy All!

I have IBS,Fibro,and really bad anxeity.I hurt all the time.My anxeity is so bad I can barely go out to the store or anything.I cant drive because I am to scared that I am going to kill someone.I am A Christian and with out God I dont know what I would do.
    I am 20 I have had IBS since I was about 6yrs old.And I was dx'ed with Fibro when I was 11.The anxeity has come on in the last couple of years.It is really bad.I am on meds and I felt ok for a while and then it got worse again I have been feeling really bad lately.I have took stuff for fibro but I dont anymore.I took Lyrica for a while but I turned 18 and my medicaid was cut off( I was drawing it off my dad who is diabled) So I tried Neurontin but I started having bad thoughts on it so I had to stop taking it.So now I have a pain med that I try not to take much.I just try to deal with it the best I can.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Hey Ima, happy to see you here though I am sorry you need to be. I'll be darned if you don't sound like my twin, okay I don't have a twin but I have the IBS, Fibro, severe anxiety, the worst is my situational anxiety. There is also bipolarII, arthritis, migraines and others but my brain isn't working too good right now compliments of the pain meds that are barely doing their job despite the fact that I usually just grimace and bare it so it is not from taking them too often.

You are so terribly young. If I were you honey I would just start applying for Social Security now. I don't know if you work or can work but there is no harm in applying even if you are. It took me 7 years to get mine granted and no telling how long it will take the way things are going now.

I hope you stick around with us. Look around and post where you like.

Community Member

Thanks Chistina,It is hard! I have had the migraines.I still get them sometimes.I am going to stick around as long as I can.And I am going to try to get my Social Security.I have never work dont think I could.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

You should qualify for SSI which is Supplemental Security Income. Between my disabilities, college and marriage I didn't work much either. SSD is for those who have worked such and such amount of time and SSI is for those who haven't worked very long.

As long as you have a long history and have records and agreement of current doctors then you shouldn't have too much trouble. If you need help applying for it there are lawyers that will do it for free and not take any money unless you win then they take a certain percentage. Usually pretty small.

Community Member

Thanks and I am going to try to get my SSI.