Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Somebody help

Distinguished Community Member

[B]Thanks Jeannie, Pati and everyone. I always know if I don't know something, I can ask you all and help is available. You all are there for anyone who comes online and asks for help. And so good hearted and kind and what is important - truthful! And do I ever have the bad cholesterol, awful amount of it.

I fell Thursday and could not get back up because I had already begun to hurt and the dratted floors are all tile and hardwood, slick as all getout!!! I kept scooting from room to room hoping to find someplace to help push myself up with feet. All I succeeded in doing was making my places hurt more than they already were. I had taken the cell of the chair when I left the first room and when I finally gave up to call hubby for help, the old piece of crap did not work. I continued my trip until I made it to back room where there was a phone with a head set. The cord to headset hung down enough I could yank it to me and finally call hubby to come home and help me. Just over three hours and I was so thirsty and tired besides hurting. It occurred to me that mother had her fall in March as well. No broken bones for me thank Heavens.
    Last edited by joy; 04-02-2012 at 03:07 PM.

oops sorry wrong thread
    Last edited by mrsjerome; 04-02-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

http://www.dailystrength.org/health_...u-need-to-know

Short Q&A by the doc followed by some readers' questions and remarks. Sorry, I just scanned it over.

Joy,

What are we going to do with you?! That sounds like one very nasty fall! Are you all in one piece? Are you black & blue all over? I'm so sorry that the floors got ya, & then the phone was defunct. It sounds like you could use one of those Life Alert necklaces to call for help wherever you are. Does anyone know somebody who has one & do they work? Otherwise, we'll have to get you cocooned in bubblewrap.

My mom had more and more TIAs as she got older & she would just suddenly drop to the floor like a sack of potatoes w/ no warning. Very very scary, plus she'd be out cold in whatever position she fell. So for that reason, I'm glad you were awake & alert & able to get help sooner or later. But I wish it had been sooner. Sending you gentle hugs & some magical scented bath oils.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [B]Thanks Jeannie, Pati and everyone. I always know if I don't know something, I can ask you all and help is available. You all are there for anyone who comes online and asks for help. And so good hearted and kind and what is important - truthful! And do I ever have the bad cholesterol, awful amount of it.

I fell Thursday and could not get back up because I had already begun to hurt and the dratted floors are all tile and hardwood, slick as all getout!!! I kept scooting from room to room hoping to find someplace to help push myself up with feet. All I succeeded in doing was making my places hurt more than they already were. I had taken the cell of the chair when I left the first room and when I finally gave up to call hubby for help, the old piece of crap did not work. I continued my trip until I made it to back room where there was a phone with a head set. The cord to headset hung down enough I could yank it to me and finally call hubby to come home and help me. Just over three hours and I was so thirsty and tired besides hurting. It occurred to me that mother had her fall in March as well. No broken bones for me thank Heavens.
    OMG! You poor thing. But that bubble wrap idea is not bad, not bad at all. A person may just bounce right back up. Hahahaha

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good Lord Joy! I hope you are okay. A fall is the last thing you or any of us needs. Now where is your cane? I thought you were using one. May want to get some heavy rugs for those floors. To heavy and big enough not to trip over and heavy enough to somewhat pad a fall. I am praying for no hidden injuries. 3 hours is a long time Joy. What would have happened if you were hurt worse. Maybe a Life Alert is not a bad idea. Though I love the bubble wrap idea lol.

Here is a pic to show the what when of a hysterectomy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by houghchrst; 04-02-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Distinguished Community Member

Joy,get a Life Alert! glad you are OK now but thinking how scary it was for you. 3 hrs is a long time to be on the floor.

now I'm wondering if my falls have been caused by TIA's? my Mom has them & so does my sister.scary indeed. I always carry my cell if I'm outside since 2 of my falls were right outside my trailer. it's been awhile since I just plopped over in the kitchen & ended up with a big black eye & broken glasses. so this is a needed wake up call for me Joy!

guessing you are black & blue & in pain from the fall. wish I could take the pain away! and perhaps some throw rugs would be a good idea. maybe some gel mats for the kitchen?

((((bubble wrap hugs))))Pati

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234