Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Somebody help

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Somebody help

I am considering going to the ER but am trying to decide if I should go tonight or wait and see.

I am having what feels like a very serious gall bladder attack. I am maxed at pain meds and still can feel what feels like I am passing a gall stone. I don't have a gallbladder. Is it possible for maybe a bit of stone to have stayed in what is left of the duct and waited this long to move? Possibly triggered by some fantastic egg and potato salad lol ouch, ouch. Not funny I have been intears for hours. Like a dumb arse I have been eating just like regular today because it didn't occur to me that something to do with my ex gall bladder may be happening. Please? Could this just pass the stone/ I don't want to go to he hopital

Distinguished Community Member

Chistina, I can't diagnose you but when it doubt, have it checked out! I'll worry about you.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Yes Christina, please have it checked, you should always get that kind of pain checked, (((hugs))) GING

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Unhappy

've had that kind of pain with bad nausea for years. Been to the hospital quite a feew times and they say they see nothing wrong. I guess I'd need to pass out or puke blood for anyone to believe me. It's running and ruining my life, I have no life anymore.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Christina, Yes, have it checked out.You said you don't want to go to the hospital again. If you don't get it cheked out, maybe you can/will go. And get to stay awhile. Good Luck hun.
    Lorraine (lor)

Blog Entries

Thanks all.

Barque have you been checked for Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction?

Christina hope your feeling better today.

Default hope you got some results of tests

Quote Originally Posted by mrsQ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Christina hope your feeling better today.

hope you got some results of tests

Blog Entries

No I didn't go to the ER. When I woke yesterday morning I could still feel the pressure so was careful what I ate and I didn't get the pain I had the night before. Thank God cause if I hadn't have had access to pain meds I prolly would have gone to ER the night before. I did find out what dose of my pain meds actually eases my all over pain. More than I would take in a daily period of time normally.

Then of course while I was napping yesterday I must have slept wrong because as soon as I got up to take a step I got a shooting pain in my knee. Felt like I had a big air bubble beneath my knee cap with a pinched nerve in it. So I knew it was just a matter of time before it popped with horrific pain and everything slid back to where it belongs so I limped around in agony and the pop was anticlimatic but it still feels like it is on the edge of pinching again and today the back outside of my knee hurts also from walking a bit off on it. And that cotton pickin' scar tissue that I have in the arch of my foot hurts so bad I can barely walk anyway.

I just don't get it. Things are going along and then suddenly it is like my body has mutineed. I can't pain, I can't plant, I can't even load the dishwasher. Thats gonna go over well.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

now Christina, next time you are hurting or have broken your arm or fell, whatEVER, don't just THINK about ER, GO!! Do not pass Go, do not get thrown in jail etc. just GO!!

You think too much. You can still think while they work on you. Take it from this old wife's tale, GO!

Really, something isn't right and I know you had rather go when you can walk a little better and all that, you need to still go. I will nag, on & on and you will have to tell me to shut up!!

It's because I love you so! I've been around a long time and if I start hurting so bad I will go. I think I learned a valuable lesson when I fell and almost took my scalp off my head. I remember barely Ken saing I'm taking you to ER and me telling him in the voice oh so very far away saying not, not this time. Can you believe I was woning why he didn't just take me on to hospital? Yeah, that is a very bad fall.

I did tell him much later, days later, that if he ever thought I needed to go to ER not ask me, just make sure I've got my big girl bloomers on!! and haul me on any way no matter what I said.

I do care about you and I know everybody else does too. I'm glad you got a little relief from the pain, but something is not right and you need to find out what it is.

Not sure where your kidney's are in relation to your pain, but maybe kidney stones? When you said if felt like you were passing a gallstone, but you didn't have a gall bladder, I wondered about the kidney issue!

So , get busy and go get seen about. You listen to old as dirt Granny Jo!! ((((((christina))))))
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast