Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else get tired of talking about epilepsy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else get tired of talking about epilepsy?

I mean, i know it's good to have a place to vent, but there's so much more to talk about. For me, it had gotten to be a hyperfocus issue. There's more to life than having epilepsy. Catch me on facebook with Linnie, Lizard and Ancient Wolf.

Just sayin'

~Sandy (AKA) "Salsa"

Howdy Dave, where've you been. Miss you on facebook lately. Hope you're finding some peace in your new endeavors.

Comment

HI Sandy,

I never get tired of talking about epilepsy because so many people don't understand it and all the details of the epilepsy. I like to educate other people about epilepsy
      and how it can be treated as well as how it's one of the oldest medical problems in history but they still don't do enough research on it. Here's wishing you well and May
      God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Since this is a Epilepsy forum! what else would we talk about??? the Weather????

Comment

as someone who has spent a lot of time reading this forum because of having a loved one that has seziures, I now realise that yes, I have spent a lot of time reading here. Beause tho not often do I ever post in this forum, I do remember a name, yours from a long time ago. Wow, I wouldn't have know you were the same tho.

Just my way of saying, yes there is a lot of other places to post these days. But if I want to find out anything new or how others are handling their health issues, this is the place I still visit.

How lucky are we to have more these days, something for most all our needs? But even so not a once stop it forever answer yet. My loved one has been fortunate or whatever you'd call it as there has not been a seizure in about three years at least. Yay - But I stilll read here frequently to stay updated. I don't go to Facebook for that reason, in fact hardly ever go but that is just me. It is good to have tho as I know relatives, friends can and do post pictures so for what it is, it is a wonderful place. I go to those places for what they offer. Same as I come to this forum, what the posters offer and their experiences, knowledge. And I dare say no ones even realises that I am here reading but I have been and will continue as long as I am and have the loved one alive and the chance of another seizure.

I like the others wish you well. I also wish there were no need for any of us to have to seek out answers but that is not life is it.
          Last edited by joy; 03-20-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Howdy!

The only times I talk about epilepsy is when I post here or on TalkAboutIt.org.
            Dave ©¿©¬
            Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
            www.howdydave.com

Comment

Of course there's much more to life than concentrating on epilepsy. That is why I never mention Epilepsy anywhere else. But it's an important thing to me. I need here.

Linnie

Comment

Originally posted by linniec View Post
                Of course there's much more to life than concentrating on epilepsy. That is why I never mention Epilepsy anywhere else. But it's an important thing to me. I need here.

Linnie
                Very well said!! My exact thoughts and feelings!

Comment

Hi Folks,

This Friday I will be teaching 7th grade students about epilepsy as I had mentioned I like to educate students in the area of epilepsy and neuroscience. I was asked by a teacher if I could teach the students
                  anything about it so we will see how things go this Friday. I want to mainly teach them what to do if a person has a sz. and not to be afraid when they see a sz.

Wishing all of You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Very Nice Sue! I am sure you will do a outstanding job!!!!!

Comment

I hardly ever talk about it. I am not the least bit ashamed, but it is about just me, and I am so much more than a medical condition. Those other parts of myself I can share with others as they too may also share them. However, not all share this commonality we here do. With you, we are a small family who shares this illness and all that goes with it. Not all will belong to this family as in a typical one, not all belong or can relate. When I do talk about epilepsy, I can get rather passionate. Also, in my profession until I have the degrees I want which will allow me to make a difference, I can't afford to talk about it due to the stigma that is still very much alive as some of you may recall from my ordeal a while back. I know a nurse with her PhD who just now is willing to admit it. However, this forum is one place those of us who share epilepsy in our lives in some way can come together to share our experience strength and hope with others who visit.
                      Sue I wish you the best in your talk and thank you for doing that. We need others like you willing to step up and enlighten the world. You will be great! Tattoo

Comment

Great Sue, Everyone should know what to do if they see a seisure. My son learned in boyscouts. Three months ago I had 3 seisures and my heart stopped. He was able to save my life.
                        Lorraine (lor)

Comment

Great Sue. Everone should learn what to do if they see someone having a seisure. My son learned in boyscouts. Last Nov. when I had 3 seisures and my heart stopped, he gave me CPR and saved my life. (I have had epilepsy since childhood).
                          Lorraine (lor)

Comment

Hi Folks,

Things went great at work today (Friday) teaching the 7th grade students about the brain and epilepsy. I was very surprised how interested all of the students were. I gave them a short term memory test, taught
                            them about epilepsy and what is really happening when a person has a sz. then I taught them what to do if a person has a sz. of any kind. After that I had the students volunteer to walk heel to toe on a straight line as well
                            as tell me what finger I was moving while looking straight forward. The teacher had opptical illusions for the students to look at and the students were amazed at how the mind can play tricks on you and what you can sometimes
                            see or not see. It was a fun day for everyone and I hope that the school will continue to let me teacher other students over the yrs. about epilepsy and the brain.
                            Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

I realize this is an old thread, but I myself do not find much information about Epilepsy and other reasons for having seizures. It is 7-20-2015 and I don't know much more about seizures now than I did in 2010, when I had my first seizure.

I am not ashamed of having them, but would like to know more about them. I would like to hear more from others about seizures, what causes them, etc. I will be back later to see if I can find something's in other places.

take care all, Julia s
                              Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                              'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X