Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else get tired of talking about epilepsy?

Default Does anyone else get tired of talking about epilepsy?

I mean, i know it's good to have a place to vent, but there's so much more to talk about. For me, it had gotten to be a hyperfocus issue. There's more to life than having epilepsy. Catch me on facebook with Linnie, Lizard and Ancient Wolf.

Just sayin'

~Sandy (AKA) "Salsa"

Howdy Dave, where've you been. Miss you on facebook lately. Hope you're finding some peace in your new endeavors.

Distinguished Community Member

HI Sandy,

I never get tired of talking about epilepsy because so many people don't understand it and all the details of the epilepsy. I like to educate other people about epilepsy
    and how it can be treated as well as how it's one of the oldest medical problems in history but they still don't do enough research on it. Here's wishing you well and May
    God Bless You!

Sue

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Since this is a Epilepsy forum! what else would we talk about??? the Weather????

as someone who has spent a lot of time reading this forum because of having a loved one that has seziures, I now realise that yes, I have spent a lot of time reading here. Beause tho not often do I ever post in this forum, I do remember a name, yours from a long time ago. Wow, I wouldn't have know you were the same tho.

Just my way of saying, yes there is a lot of other places to post these days. But if I want to find out anything new or how others are handling their health issues, this is the place I still visit.

How lucky are we to have more these days, something for most all our needs? But even so not a once stop it forever answer yet. My loved one has been fortunate or whatever you'd call it as there has not been a seizure in about three years at least. Yay - But I stilll read here frequently to stay updated. I don't go to Facebook for that reason, in fact hardly ever go but that is just me. It is good to have tho as I know relatives, friends can and do post pictures so for what it is, it is a wonderful place. I go to those places for what they offer. Same as I come to this forum, what the posters offer and their experiences, knowledge. And I dare say no ones even realises that I am here reading but I have been and will continue as long as I am and have the loved one alive and the chance of another seizure.

I like the others wish you well. I also wish there were no need for any of us to have to seek out answers but that is not life is it.
    Last edited by joy; 03-20-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Howdy!

The only times I talk about epilepsy is when I post here or on TalkAboutIt.org.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Of course there's much more to life than concentrating on epilepsy. That is why I never mention Epilepsy anywhere else. But it's an important thing to me. I need here.

Linnie

9. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by linniec View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course there's much more to life than concentrating on epilepsy. That is why I never mention Epilepsy anywhere else. But it's an important thing to me. I need here.

Linnie
    Very well said!! My exact thoughts and feelings!

11. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Hi Folks,

This Friday I will be teaching 7th grade students about epilepsy as I had mentioned I like to educate students in the area of epilepsy and neuroscience. I was asked by a teacher if I could teach the students
    anything about it so we will see how things go this Friday. I want to mainly teach them what to do if a person has a sz. and not to be afraid when they see a sz.

Wishing all of You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Very Nice Sue! I am sure you will do a outstanding job!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast