Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else get tired of talking about epilepsy?

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Gene))))))

Back!

We sure do have a great family here, and we're so glad that you are part of our family.

BrainTalk's MS forum is the most active forum at BT. These members have a monthly "chat" thread. Perhaps we could start a thread like that here at the Epilepsy forum, so we can talk about things other than Epilepsy. I can't imagine why we couldn't just have an ongoing "chat thread" here for general conversation.

Something to ponder ...

Hope you'll drop by again soon!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Community Member

Rose, that is something to kick around. I have been around here on and off for probably close to 15 years. I have got a lot of good info. I look around and see that there is always someone worse off than myself as far as the medical problems go. I just got through a case of colon cancer with very little issues, so I feel very blessed. Take care all!
    Gene

4. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Gene)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that you had colon cancer, but what good news that you didn't have any serious issues. I hope that you are taking good care of yourself, eating a healthy diet (lots of great info on the internet about diets to keep cancer at bay, including the Johanna Budwig protocol), and getting plenty of fresh air and sunshine.

May you continue to be healthy!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member

My focus is on the necessary but draconian ban on driving for those who experience seizure activities. Each state has different permutations of the ban.

So be it…we accept.
    = = =
    What bothers me is the fact that some opinionated folks suggest individuals experience seizures when they fail to take the prescribed AED regimen. Essentially, these opinionated folks heap blame upon those beset with seizure activity. In my wife’s case, she underwent periods of intractable seizure activity that even multiple AED’s could not suppress., NO, she never failed to take the prescribed regimen in a timely manner. OH, my wife voluntarily surrendered her driver’s license, rather than take a chance that she would have an episode while driving. Yes, we realize some folks have challenges if they cannot drive.

Yes, we realize that some doctors may loathe signing a certification that a patient has been seizure free for the state’s prescribed “wait period”.

= = = = =

But, my real fury is directed towards drivers who are cited and convicted of various DWI/DUI infractions. How often do we read that an accident was caused by a driver who was DUI/DWI. But wait! The news reports indicates most often indicates that the same driver in the most recent incident (an accident perhaps with the loss of life or severe injuries) has been cited multiple times for the same behavior.

Why aren’t our elected officials saving us from these wanton disregard for the good of all others on the road, or even off the road?

Yes, I have asked politicians, but have never received any reply or any adequate reply.

= = = = =

Community Member

I am definitely guilty of not posting. Been so long I couldn't find my password. Have been counting years, have I really been posting here for 20 years?

But I totally agree with Sandy. We used to have so much fun here. Yes we offered tremendous support and knowledge to each other, and especially to newcomers. I still use many of those techniques to avoid burning the house down. But while we were waiting to be needed we played.

Oh how we played.

Now it seems like we are required to be good kids, keep our hands folded on top of the desk, no passing notes, no spit balls.

I do miss Hootie. And all the old gang. The road trips. The inspired sillyness.

But now I am also remembering the dark days, the meanness, the attacks. So maybe the only safe thing to do here is keep my hands folded?
    hugs and chocolate to everyone

9. The following user says "thanks"

New Community Member

(((As annie said and to those days)))

Todd

11. The following user says "thanks"

((((((Toad)))))

I never got tired of hugging the toad!
    Firehorse

13. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Get tired of talking about epilepsy?

Of course!
    Why do you think I have been away for so long?
    Dave ©¿©¬
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I prefer to talk about epilepsy..if it can properly involved it the situation. It may help them learn something about epilepsy.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Default Sometimes

I talk on epilepsy sites or to teach people bout epilepsy.
    Lorraine (lor)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast