Thread: Travis Wondering How your feeling?

Wink Travis Wondering How your feeling?

Travis, Wondering How your feeling? Best Regards Jeff:o

Community Member

Feeling great actually. Off the danged Oxy, Off the Toradol or whatever the last one was. They had stopped the Dilantin last week.

Sleep is the only problem starting a couple of days ago. Might just be the drastic change in weather up here.

I get the rest of the stitches out Thursday as well as a CT in my visit to the clinic.

So...so far I'm doing great. No pain. Just a small area near where they went in that seems to hold fluid; so I'll ask when I'm in the clinic about that. Doesn't seem to be increasing at all, so I'm not horribly worried.

Just need to get my hair leveled out! I miss my ponytail.

--Travis

Great to hear! Are you on any other seizure meds still? if not that is quite an optimistic approach on all the Doctor's parts which is great, but would probably not be wise for me??? What kind of seizures did u have and what surgery did you have? sorry for being lazy I guess I could go back and look! Jeff

Community Member

Oops... I missed the reply.

I'm still on 3. Keppra, Vimpat, and Lyrica. Hopefully the potential removal of one as soon as this year will improve my QOL.
    The medication battle has just stunk. 10 meds so far. Worst was when I was on 4 (not this recent one). Most of the time they had me taking it 2x/day. I did not like when I was on TID (3x/day); but CHOSE to do it once when the Trileptal was at max dose (2400).

I could have anything from aura, SP, CP and the lovely GM. Typically it was CP. I did note the GM I had in Texas back in January which was about 90 seconds long felt like instant to me. I blacked out, then came to. Verbal was effected for a short time, but balance wasn't (usually is).

--Travis

Thanks Travis! Good luck and God Bless! Jeff

Community Member

Well, I'll use this thread instead...

Had MOST of my stitches removed. The newer ones from the fluid drain/pressure. The ones near where they went in for the surgery, were given another week because that has been opened something like 4 times. So the doc wants to give it an extra week. Lift restrictions are lifted. I was growled at for not wearing a bike helmet before... so I guess I'll be buying one when I have the bike tuned up this year (hopefully!) See if I can find an Angry Birds helmet .

So that will be appointments 4 weeks in a row. Think thats a record for me on frequent visits. Worst was 3 appointments in a day at that location.

Doing good. Recorded that appointment (I LOVE Apple) so I'll be importing that and firing it off to a parent who sent me a list of 15 questions to ask the Doc... Nice to know they love ya.

--Travis