Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great T-Shirt

Distinguished Community Member

Default Great T-Shirt

Just lost a post but here is the bottom line.....I ordered a t-shirt for my trips to the PO. It says "ATTENTION IDIOTS: The ADA is a FEDERAL LAW not a series of suggestions!. I now have vasovagal syncope and cannot stand or sit for very long without running the risk of fainting. In addition to the constant pain which is in both knees as well as my hips. I have to take items to return that I have ordered online in order to get a tracking receipt.

When I feel better I will post again the PO experience.....You will not believe the idiots that make remarks every time I go to the front.

Edited to Add: Here is what happened yesterday. I went in front of the counters (which has been approved as a courtesy by the Post Mistress) to wait for the next open clerk. Again, rude remarks were made by a man waiting in line. I turned around and told him I was disabled and had already spoken to the Post Mistress about going to the front. About that time another able bodied man rushed in front of me before I could get to the postal clerk. The other man that made the rude remarks then proceeded to tell me he was disabled also.

I told him he could go in front of me and another person also told him to go ahead of her. He had a prostectic lower limb. His reply was that "He didn't want no special priviledges" It was his attitude and the angry way in which he spoke to me. Then the postal clerk who was busy with another customer looked up and told me "Mam, you are the next person in line when the other clerk is finished". The man who made the rude comments got to the other postal clerk the same time as I did. What did he accomplish with his rudeness?

It's just as bad on the road with people blowing their horns if you are not speeding over the limit and they go around you only to end up at the next light at the same time!

Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 03-15-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

I think the T is rude, too. If it just said, "the ADA is the law and not a list of suggestions" I could go w it. But calling people Idiots when you want help and to teach them something does not seem wise.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Ann, You are entitled to your opinion but the purpose of the t-shirt is to let them know how rude and inconsiderate their remarks are. The customers will not see the front of the shirt unless I do turn around after they have made their comments. You just have to be in my shoes to understand the situation. I am pushing a rollator with braces on both knees. My disability is not totally invisible and I'm not asking for their help just a little consideration which is the reason the ADA had to be passed in the first place.

I didn't design the t-shirt. It was already in stock on Zazzle. Most of the shirts are too generic and just mention ADA which stands for a lot of other organizations. These people need a wake up call. It is addressed to the people who have made the remarks. It is usually only a couple of people out of a dozen or so who are in line. Those people who make those remarks are idiots! I will probably wear the t-shirt backwards just so I don't have to turn around and it can be read by the customers.

I say....If the shoe fits wear it!

Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 03-15-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just as bad on the road with people blowing their horns if you are not speeding over the limit and they go around you only to end up at the next light at the same time!
    I'm off on a tangent here but this reminds me of an old Disney cartoon.

Goofy is put-putting along in his car. Another character (Brutus???) speeds pass him and has to slam on his breaks to stop at the light. Goofy gets there just as the light changes back to green, so continues. The other character hits the gas pedal and again speeds pass only to stop at the next light while Goofy continues going through intersections.

Default Visual

Yes Parsi, I think I remember the cartoon and it is a good visual picture of what happens. It offends me when someone blows their horn at me or my husband and we are in the right hand lane on a 4 or 6 lane road driving the speed limit and these nuts want us to speed up and when we don't they will drive really close and swerve their car over to get in front of us.

What is this world coming to?

Ann, You can have the t-shirt customized and leave off the word "Idiots" if it is offensive. The t-shirt is on the zazzle.com website and is called ADA LAW tshirt. I ordered the Ladies casual scoop t-shirt as I did not like the one pictured which is a Ladies Destroyed t-shirt and I ordered it in pink.

http://www.zazzle.com/ada_law_tshirt-23575423491570546 (You will need to enter ADA LAW t-shirt in the search area after you get to the site)

Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 03-17-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Distinguished Community Member Abby2006's Avatar

How small is the print on that shirt? <smile>

Abby
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything

Default Pat Boone said it not me!

oops wrong place

Abby
    Last edited by Abby2006; 03-16-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Default Large Print

Abby, The print is very large which is unusual for most printed t shirts. Anyone should be able to read it without glasses.

Gabriella

If you got it online could I have the link I got one made a few years algo (forgot what it said) and the print was sooooooooo small

Abby

Default Website

Hi Abby, The website is.....

http://www.zazzle.com

Then you will need to enter the words ADA LAW t-shirt into their search area. I tried to post the direct link a few threads back here but it did not directly link up. You will probably get a picture of the version of the shirt which is called "destroyed" but you can go click on the picture and then go get the style you want from the women's list of styles (17) on the right and also pick the color you want and the size. Be careful and read all you can about the size as it looks as if the shirts come from various suppliers and the size is different with some of them. I did not want a t-shirt that looks like it already needs to be thrown in the trash and also pay a lot more for it!

I ordered the Ladies casual scoop style (pink) for summer for $19.95 plus shipping. I also customized the wording and left off the ( idiots) wording since some people in the line are not idiots and Ann mentioned that was offensive to her.

I am looking forward to getting it in a few days and I hope I am not disappointed.

Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 03-18-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast