Thread: Where should I put disabled gardening .........

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Default Where should I put disabled gardening .........

Hey guys I am starting my first veggie garden this year and due to my abilities I am doing container gardening. Any idea on where I could start a thread for this for those who might be interested. Somewhere that actually gets a bit of visitors. I will post any kind of sites I come across for the other abled gardener and pictures of how things are going here at home in my garden. I have no clue how well I will do but won't know til I try.

Please anyone who has experience post so I and others can learn. We can all post about our flowers, gardens, trees.

Any ideas. Thanks.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey chris!

just my opinion but...why not in the chit-chat forum?

i know we talk a lot about gardening in the emotional support forum, but there's a limited number of people who would go there.

you've started quite a thread already in the chit-chat forum , so we know people go there. i think chit-chat was made for something like this because it doesn't fit into any other particular neurological condition forum, yet it's accessible to anyone who wants to participate.

i think it's a great idea!

jeannie

okay, smartie...so my eagle eyes and amazing brain processes missed that typo .
    Last edited by tic chick; 03-14-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Holy smokes Jeannie is that a misspelled word I see? You must be wore out from all that work and dance you been up to LOL. Ya know I'm teasing . Yes still jealous.

Yeah I didn't want to post in EF cause I know we talk a bit there but I would like a variety of input

Chit Chat is what I was thinking too. You have been oddly quiet about that little post :angel: so I assume you are waiting to see or have nothing to say .

We need to have a prize for most posts every month. I am pushing for March lol, I am red-hot-all-over-the-board today . Swoosh!! On to my next post.

Distinguished Community Member

well back when I was able to even try anything like this still, I had hubby make me two plots. Right now I don't have the specifics but if you are even kinds hanging onto remaining brain cells you could figure it out or look online more. (mine are leavinbg me asleep a LOT of time now)

The plots had those concrete type blocks but made out of lighter weight stuff, and about just 2 inches deep and just as long as regular cinder blocks. The ideal was to make small spaces that you could use kneepads all around the inside of the area and that way sit or kneel and rech inside where the plants were.

The two plots were approximately 2/3 the length of our house with space inbween of course. The good part was he buried them ground level and mowing could be done right up unto the blocks.

He is resting right now but if anyone wanted detailed instructions, I could get them and give later. Happy planting to anyone who can still do so.

Thumbs up

Okay ya'll I will start a new thread for gardening in Chit Chat. Please pop in and contribute if you like .

Distinguished Community Member

I think chit chat would work great. see ya over there!