"Thank you" option available now in posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Thank you" option available now in posts

If you don't get over to Forum Feedback, you may not have noticed that there's now a "Thank you" option. You can thank people for their posts if you like.

Worth a try?
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

So Agate, how does one respond without bringing up reply without quote?
    Or have I lost a lot of braincells in the last six months....

Prodigal daughter is back.
    Big life changes.
    Hope you are well.

renee

Oops just saw a plain reply option.
    Hmmm, where did that come from?
    Tricky.
    Last edited by renee; 03-10-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Duplicate post deleted
      Last edited by agate; 03-10-2012, 07:06 AM.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

You can use the Quick Reply window at the bottom of the screen. Just start typing. Then click on Post Quick Reply. Or you can click on "Reply to Thread" at the left. Or on "Reply" at the right.

Um, I'm not sure these will work if you're not in the "Enhanced Interface" mode. Some people know all about this and some don't have a clue.

To get there, click Settings at the top right of the screen. After you've got the Settings screen, go to General Settings in the left column and click on it. Then scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and find Message Editor Interface. Select the first option: Enhanced Interface (full WYSIWYG editing). Then scroll on down and click Save Changes.

But it sounds as if you've solved the problem.

IMO, posting is a lot easier with the Enhanced Interface, and it's even easier if you click on Go Advanced at bottom right of the message window.

Comment

There is a "thanks" button in the vb default style but not in Biggie.
          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

stillstANNding, you're right. It isn't working in the Biggie style, apparently.

It ought to be available even without the Enhanced Interface. I'm going to take this up in Forum Feedback.

renee, what's this about big life changes? I hope the changes are good ones--?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by agate; 03-10-2012, 07:36 AM.

Comment

YAaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I love this, because there are so many times, that I am just to tired to post a reply. Hitting the Thank You button is my way of saying, I read your post and appreciated your views.

Thanks Managers All..
              Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

It looks as if you'll need to be in the vB4 Default skin (or style), not in the Biggie style/skin, at least for the time being, if you want to use the Thank You option.

On the Settings page, there seem to be two places for changing this setting. To be on the safe side, I tinkered with both of them.

Comment

I have larger print that I set up, under options. in my browser, so I didn't need the biggie screen. See if your browser has that option!! You have to set "Ignore All Fonts" in your browser then go to "sizes" and set on larger or largest. I have mine on larger.
                  Love, Sally

Comment

Sally, that may be why for me the vB4 Default style looks the same as the Biggie style here. I had tinkered with settings so I always see larger print.

Comment

Yesterday we discussed, approved, & Mike installed the "Thanks" feature. It required some adjustments to get it to show up in the default style, and I am guessing it will require the same tweaks in the Biggie style as well before it will show there. Be patient, I'll let Mike know.
                      Last edited by David Hosobuchi; 03-10-2012, 02:18 PM.
                      "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Shows up in the Biggie style now :) Sorry about that missed 1 measly character
                        Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                        Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                        Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                        Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                        Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                        Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                        Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

I clicked the Thanks and it works for me. I am impressed!
                          Virginia

Comment

OKb what did you tweak, Mike? All of a sudden my Thank you went away...Waaaaaaaaaa..

EDIT: Never mind I fixed it..
                            Last edited by SalpalSally; 03-11-2012, 12:40 PM.
                            Love, Sally

Comment

Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
                              OKb what did you tweak, Mike? All of a sudden my Thank you went away...Waaaaaaaaaa..

EDIT: Never mind I fixed it..
                              Yea it seems to keep moving from the right to the left :( Hopefully it stays on the right this time
                              Last edited by Mike Weins; 03-11-2012, 04:29 PM.
                              Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                              Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                              Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                              Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                              Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                              Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                              Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Working...
                              X