Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would the stress of having, to yell and scream at someone, at, the top of your lungs,

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Stress is a big time trigger!
    Last edited by howdydave; 03-02-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Distinguished Community Member

Default Thanks, guys!!

Thanks, guys!:) I had a feeling, but, as I said, I can't really, get away from it, right, now. :(

Phyllis :(

Distinguished Community Member

Whitecoat Hypertension is a very real phenomenon and can cause actual damage to the arteries just as other types of hypertension can. It occurs when one goes to the doctor, and not all person's experience it. However, because one's blood pressure can rise just because they are the the doc's office, obviously there was a physical response to being there that the patient may not even be aware of. By the same token, the same physical reaction and release of chemicals that caused the B/P to rise could possibly affect one's vulnerability to having a seizure. Depends on that person and how they view doctor's office visits. Makes sense to me. Tattoo
    Last edited by Tattoo2; 03-05-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Can't spell

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Question

I had to have a new cataltic converter put on my car 3 years ago because the old one got ripped off by some debri that fell off a truck in front of me going over a bridge. The "Service Engine Soon" light came on AFTER the new one was installed, about a year into the 5 year warranty. I took the car to AutoZone and got the free OBD code, it was the new converter. I took it back and told the installer that the code came up that the oxygen sensors were defective and he had to replace the converter. He and the girl behind the desk gave me such a hard time telling me I had to pay for the diagnostic and I KNOW that's illegal. The mechanic says "I can't find anything wrong with it". I then said to him "The code TELLS you what's wrong". And he just said he was going to put something, probably dry-gas, in my gas tank then told me to go drive my car 500 miles. I said "WHAT??? I don't drive 500 miles in a year, that's crazy!" Then he reset the OBD, computer, and sent me off so the Service Engine light went out. I did pass emmissions because of that and ONLY because the light went out. Last thing he said to me was "If the light comes back on bring the car bACK AND i'LL REPLACE THE CONVERTER.

tHIS IS WHAT i THINK ABOUT NOW, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. I have to get up and take a blood pressure pill I get so upset. Thinking I have to go back there and probably go through all this AGAIN. It's illegal NOT to honor a warranty but what can I do? Call the cops? Get a lawyer?
    Last edited by Barque; 03-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12