Thread: Guinea Pig

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Cool Guinea Pig

Howdy!

Tomorrow I will be a guinea pig for University of Rochester Residents of Neurology...

Last time I saw my neurologist, they said that I was such an interesting case that they would like to use me to see how well the Residents can diagnose me on their final exams.
    Last edited by howdydave; 03-16-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Distinguished Community Member

Howdy Dave,

I wish I had known about this I would have volunteered my case to see if the students could have figured what caused my sz. also. I was told that only 2 other cases like mine were
    ever seen in all the yrs. my Epi was at the University of Rochester. They found my case so interesting that they asked my approval to take it to medical banquents and conferences and I gave
    the Epi my okay. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

I was only asked after somebody saw that I had no reflexes in my right elbow and wrist and I was able to gave them the reason for it during my annual follow up last month.

There were only 4 of us there and we ran the gambit (well... as much as you can with only 4 people) of neurological disorders.
    Last edited by howdydave; 03-17-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Community Member

Hope you help educate the kids Dave!

I know the first time I was in for a video EEG, the on call doc (knew of him from friend) brought in a group of student Dr's, with my permission, so they could learn from one (me) who had a genetic disease, and they could know (learn) what to look for and such for possible diagnose cases by being able to examine me. I found it funny how the students were missing some of the signs I found obvious. Of course I had no problem with them being there. A disease that is 1:3000 doesn't come around every day for students to learn.

--Travis