Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travis

Community Member

Thanks for keeping them UTD Linnie.

They did have to drill a second "temporary" hole for drainage. If the problems before pressure, fluid buildup don't go away they will have to do a shunt. Today should be the day the labs come in for the infection. Then it's building the pressure back and fluid back in the brain (but not in excess).

Looks like Tuesday or so for getting home.

--Travis

Community Member

Well, they clamped the line. Yesterday the report came about the testing for infection...No infection thankfully. So now it's wait 48 hours and see how it comes out, then hopefully if all goes well so I can HEAD HOME.

--Travis

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Travis,

I hope you are able to head home. I am happy to that there's no infection. What I hated more than anything is how the nurses had to keep coming in to check me over time after time, just like
    you I wasn't able to get much sleep. Just take it easy on yourself and don't over do it when you get home. I don't know how you feel but I was wiped out for weeks and all I wanted to do was sleep
    when I got home. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Community Member

The strangest thing started today. Rather than the drugs I've been on for pain, they are starting an odd one. Tramadol. I didn't think my pain was THAT bad. I have had problems (with the exception of a week ago or so) of pains being 5 or above on the scale of 1-10. The pain likes to be in certain areas; most they had operated on in the last month.

They JUST added it today. Likely I will be heading home today, but no guarantee. Will see surgeon later today.

--Travis

Community Member

Getting Outta here! Just spoke with a surgeon I am being freed.

--Travis

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Travis,

I'm glad to hear that you are out of the hospital. Just take it easy on yourself for the next few days. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Community Member

To think I have to go BACK to the hospital today...well, not hospital per se but medical building to see the Neurologist. This was booked before the unwanted visits to the ER/hospital. Guess they can't get rid of me.

--Travis

I'm just glad it's getting WARM for a change. It's expected to hit just around 70 rest of the week.

Hey, Travis! Glad to read u are OK! I'm concerned about infection and that's it regarding my surgery! only because during my Four operations in 06, I developed a serious staph infection in my brain which almost took my life! when I say Almost I do not say that lightly! This may sound very silly but I am spirituality in a place where I am not afraid to die, but to have my family see me in that condition again really gets me thinking? I hope I am making some kind of sense here? I am personally leaving this in God's hands, I wonder since I have had a serious infection if that puts me at a greater risk to have another??? God Bless and Stay Seizure Free! Jeff:angel:

Community Member

Jeff, you know what? I had absolutely NO concern about the anterior temporal lonectomy when they were talking about it, and when I was going in. It wasn't being stupid and unconcerned, I was concerned as heck. I was reading as much as I could about the brain procedures and outcomes, as well as on the neuro-psychology and epilepsy surgery publications! Yes I can get a little deep when I research items relating to me...back to topic... I had seizures since I was 5. I felt this would make it better, and IF I by some horrible accident I was made a vegetable, I had enough of a life and enjoyed it with my time on the Earth. I was kept alive in 81 when the tumor popped up and was removed and seizures started. I was well controlled until just after highschool, so I had a relatively great childhood with the seizures not causing major problems.

It wasn't an infection that I had problems with in my case, or concern, but fluid buildup and the fluid being behind a muscle on the brain that it couldn't drain properly was my problem. I was also probably part of the problem. I have a high pain tolerance that I let it get up to a 7 (and I start complaining about pain after 5!) before calling down to the hospital. I kept thinking it'll get better.

Thanks a lot Jeff!

--Travis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12