Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody with essential tremors ??

:ambivalence:

I have essential tremors, people used to call them "drinker's nerves" when I was young. I am a recovering alcoholic who hasn't drank in over 10 years. When I was drinking I would get coarse hand tremors in the morning until I figured out certain meds would calm my hands (You can guess what they were I'm sure) so I began getting benzos to help me sleep.

Now that I havn't drank for quite some time I still have a fine tremor in my hands. It's not as pronounced as they were when I was drinking but I still get a puzzled look once in awhile.

My question is that I hear there is a drug called Inderal, brand name, or Propanolol generic name. Has anybody had any experience using this drug for treating essential tremors??
    Last edited by jimdickie; 02-23-2012, 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make..... Abbey Road, The Beatles

Consider UCC

Hi Jim - your post caught my eye, and would like you to consider Upper Cervical Chiropractic. UCC chiros are NOT like regular chiros. They do not bend, twist, or pop you. UCCs have additional training and should be board certified or board eligible. See this site: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... where an upper cervical chiro treats someone with tremors, and they are resolved with an upper cervical adjustment. Watch the videos to see how painless and non-invasive the adjustments are. I'd be happy to send you a list of approvoved UCCs for your state if you'd like. Personally, I have suffered from trigeminal neuralgia (the most horrific pain imaginable) and an Upper Cervical Chiro has stopped my pain. Please consider this. It just might help you stop your pain...without drugs.

msmaggie

Comment

Tremors

Originally posted by jimdickie View Post
      :ambivalence:

I have essential tremors, people used to call them "drinker's nerves" when I was young. I am a recovering alcoholic who hasn't drank in over 10 years. When I was drinking I would get coarse hand tremors in the morning until I figured out certain meds would calm my hands (You can guess what they were I'm sure) so I began getting benzos to help me sleep.

Now that I havn't drank for quite some time I still have a fine tremor in my hands. It's not as pronounced as they were when I was drinking but I still get a puzzled look once in awhile.

My question is that I hear there is a drug called Inderal, brand name, or Propanolol generic name. Has anybody had any experience using this drug for treating essential tremors??
      My friend who is recovering from csf leak repair and has also differed with tremors. She has been on clonapin for Them and is going to start tapering off due to the bad side effects. Did you try the Inderal? How is it working. side effects?

Comment

Working...
      X