Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Bald Eagle cam

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Default OT: Bald Eagle cam

For all you bird watchers, here is a link to a web cam of a bald eagle nest in Decorah, Iowa. There are 2 eggs in the nest right now, one laid on the 17th and one laid on the 20th of Feb., so here's a chance to observe eaglets as they hatch and grow. Very interesting. Enjoy!
    http://www.sportsmansparadiseonline....agle_Nest.html

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is so neat! Mom or Dad doesn't seem to mind the blustery winter weather whipping around.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

I love watching those eagles! :)

You can also find them at http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Cool, another egg laid today for a total of three! I love watching the eagle mom roll or turn the eggs. I never knew birds did this until I started following these web cams and learned about it on the hummingbird cam site. They turn the eggs so the developing chick doesn't get stuck to the inside of the shell. Probably to keep them evenly warm too. Learn something new every day!

Speaking of keeping warm, that poor bird and nest were covered with snow last night when I last checked before I went to bed . . . bbbrrrrrr! Now, that's devotion!

Here's links to the hummingbird cams but the nests can only be seen during the daytime:
    Emma's nest http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ourhummingbirdnest-com
    Phoebe's nest http://www.ustream.tv/hummingbirdnestcam

And the owl cam I watch:
    Mel & Sydney's nest http://sportsmansparadiseonline.com/...Barn_Owls.html
    4 eggs have been laid here too, so can be watched from very early as they develop and finally learn to fly. My 10 year old nephew loved watching this site last year. Kinda gory watching the owlets eat rodents that the folks bring them, which is what 10 year old boys love . . . WOW!!! The parents are kept very busy at night serving up rodents and you can watch it all as the nest box is lighted and on line 24 hours a day.

Oh, how cool! I saw your post and looked at the eagle cam just when mom and dad were changing places and saw all 3 eggs! It's so much fun to watch their progress. :)

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excellent! I am a great fan of raptors of all kinds.
    "The Most Determined Win!"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

How long does it take for eagle eggs to hatch? Watching that nest is like watching grass grow..
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

From what I'm reading, Sally, it's about 35 days. I think you've got time to get yourself a drink.

Last year all three hatched. I hope that repeats itself this year!

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

LOL, thanks Vicky. I believe I'll do that.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Hi everyone. I tried to go see the nest but you have to be a facebook member or log in. I do not want to do either so I could not see them. David does not want me going to sites like Facebook, My Space, Linked In, etc as I have had 2 computers crash. Jeanie :)

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast