OT: Bald Eagle cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Bald Eagle cam

For all you bird watchers, here is a link to a web cam of a bald eagle nest in Decorah, Iowa. There are 2 eggs in the nest right now, one laid on the 17th and one laid on the 20th of Feb., so here's a chance to observe eaglets as they hatch and grow. Very interesting. Enjoy!
    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

This is so neat! Mom or Dad doesn't seem to mind the blustery winter weather whipping around.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I love watching those eagles! :)

You can also find them at Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Cool, another egg laid today for a total of three! I love watching the eagle mom roll or turn the eggs. I never knew birds did this until I started following these web cams and learned about it on the hummingbird cam site. They turn the eggs so the developing chick doesn't get stuck to the inside of the shell. Probably to keep them evenly warm too. Learn something new every day!

Speaking of keeping warm, that poor bird and nest were covered with snow last night when I last checked before I went to bed . . . bbbrrrrrr! Now, that's devotion!

Here's links to the hummingbird cams but the nests can only be seen during the daytime:
        Emma's nest Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        Phoebe's nest Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

And the owl cam I watch:
        Mel & Sydney's nest Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        4 eggs have been laid here too, so can be watched from very early as they develop and finally learn to fly. My 10 year old nephew loved watching this site last year. Kinda gory watching the owlets eat rodents that the folks bring them, which is what 10 year old boys love . . . WOW!!! The parents are kept very busy at night serving up rodents and you can watch it all as the nest box is lighted and on line 24 hours a day.

Comment

Oh, how cool! I saw your post and looked at the eagle cam just when mom and dad were changing places and saw all 3 eggs! It's so much fun to watch their progress. :)

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Excellent! I am a great fan of raptors of all kinds.
            "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

How long does it take for eagle eggs to hatch? Watching that nest is like watching grass grow..
              Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

From what I'm reading, Sally, it's about 35 days. I think you've got time to get yourself a drink.

Last year all three hatched. I hope that repeats itself this year!

Comment

LOL, thanks Vicky. I believe I'll do that.
                  Love, Sally

Comment

:) Hi everyone. I tried to go see the nest but you have to be a facebook member or log in. I do not want to do either so I could not see them. David does not want me going to sites like Facebook, My Space, Linked In, etc as I have had 2 computers crash. Jeanie :)

Comment

Jeanie, how are you going to Facebook by clicking any of those links? I can't see how that is happening.
                      Attached Files

Comment

You shouldn't have to log in to any page to see the cam. It is farther down the page and you will most likely get an ad before you get to see the video. You don't need to be a member to see it as it is right there on the page when you go to the link.

Very cool.

Comment

Hi Jeanie,
                          You don't have to log in or be a facebook member to view any of these sites. You do have to scroll down a little to see the video screen and will have to be patient while a short ad plays, but then you will be able to see the nest and birds. Ads will interupt your viewing from time to time if you watch long enough, but the ads are what pays for the costs of these free sites, just as ads on TV help pay for the programs we want to see. Just a small annoyance we have to put up with! Give it another try, it's worth it and will not harm your computer.

I just checked on the hummingbird sites and this one has a couple of young hummers in it. They are at the preparing to fledge stage. Sure looks crowded!
                          The hummingbird sites are good for looking at in the daytime, as is the eagle site. Owl watching is good mostly at night when they are active.

Here is one more web cam I love. It is at a watering hole in Africa. All kinds of animals show up here, but the problem is the time difference. When it's afternoon or evening here, it's late night or very early morning hours there, when there isn't alot of activity. The place comes alive in the African daytime! But if you're one who cannot sleep at night, or is an early riser, this site is great! Animals galore!
                          Again, scroll down, ads, but so worth it! Enjoy.
                          Oh yeah, I forgot to add that this web cam is operated by someone in a nearby hut, so they move it around and sometimes focus in on something they may see. I've seen it focused in on birds and/or monkeys in trees, ostrich or giraffes in a distance, even huge catfish in the water at night! Very common to see herds of impala and wildebeest come for water. Elephants and zebra not as common a site. Surprises!
                          Last edited by nuthatch; 02-27-2012, 05:41 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Saw the changing of the guard today, after she hollered for him several times..LOL
                            Love, Sally

Comment

For those of you owl watching, here is another nest, Roy and Dale's, with three chicks.

The other owl nest, Mel and Sidney's, finally has a chick just a couple of days old and three eggs which should soon hatch.

Again, night time is the best for watching as that is when the owls are active.

And one more site of interest. This is another African water hole site. I got to see 4 lions on this site the other night. Hippos were a common site here a couple months ago, but now the watering hole is drying up and much smaller.

Comment

Working...
                              X