Thread: 2 years seizure free

Community Member

Default 2 years seizure free

Hi folks,
    I haven't posted for a while, but I still check in occasionally. With the info that I got from this site I am now seizure free for 2 years! I was diagnosed with complex partial seizures and absences seizures when I was 16 years old after I had a motorcycle accident. ( The front tire broke off! ) I will be 54 in a few months and driving again. I was not driving for 20 years. I tried at least 10 different meds and combinations. I finally suggested to my neuro about trying Keppra and he said.... well... no we never tried that one did we. Well, I am taking the generic form of keppra and the generic form of topamax and did I not have a seizure since the change. I was taking the topamax before with some luck but still averaged a seizure about every 6 weeks. Right now I take 1000mg keppra tab twice a day and 200mg topamax tab twice a day.
    Gene

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Geneo76,

I'm happy to hear that you have been sz. free for 2 yrs. that's great! When I took topamax and keppra my sz. increased a lot. I find it very interesting how some AED's can work great for some people
    but they don't work at all for others. It's to bad that they couldn't come out with one AED that stopped everyones sz. for life. That's like a dream come true. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Hurrah !! Gene - great news isn't it?
    I haven't had a seizure since May, 2007 --- surgery did it for me. I still take Trileptal ('real' - no generic)

Blog Entries

Congrats on 2 years without seizures!

Great news Gene!! I am sorry that you had to give up seizure free time you might have received much earlier had your general neuro been seeking seizure free status for you. I had surgery that gave me seizure freedom but I also take 1,000 mg Keppra a day. Glad we were able to help you. Tattoo