Hoarding & Un-Hoarding TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Immy,

Whoa! From those pix I can tell you must be one Hot Mama! Dancing in the ruched boots -- what a dream. I'll have to live out my dance fantasies thru you and your hustle. I used to have one little group of friends who took -- wait for it -- TANGO lessons! Then they got to buy the sexy accessories, the loong earrings with all the motion when you moved, the dancer heels, etc. Jealous much? No, not me. :ambivalence:

I can understand why you might not want to wear the new sandals in the snow, but they are very peekaboo hot. IMHO serious social dancing requires a strap so that you don't turn your ankle and ruin the evening as well as your foot with all the new moves and impossibly difficult steps you've mastered. Plus the dips. Not good to play Cinderella when somebody dips you and makes you want to swoon anyway. Also not good when somebody drops you because they were either too drunk or the cement floor was too uneven -- don't know which. Cement floor = not a fun place to land when you have no way to recover your balance because you've just placed your trust in some dude who claims to be able to dance. But that was decades ago in another time and another life. Also when I was young enough that men were still trying to impress me with their dance moves. Now they're old and creaky/cranky and nobody but the women want to dance at weddings. Bah humbug to olde farts!

Back to the shoe obsession. I think I've narrowed it down to five: one dressy silver low, one dressy black strappy heel, one red tailored mule with detailing, one black suede mule with scrollwork, one denim shade mesh summer mule. Middle three on sale. Yesterday I started walking around the house in my dress shoes to see what was still comfortable with the bad bone spur right near where dress shoes cut across the instep. One navy Clarks Mary Janes not working till after foot surgery. I have to practice more with the Aravon low heels to see if my back can tolerate the forward angle. Keen brick cut-out MJs doing OK, but brick does not go with everything. Now it suddenly turns out that I have two dressy events coming up soon: arts council wine tasting dinner with sdq BF, and community dressy event of the year movable feast gourmet dinner. Ooo my!

So let's find out if I can do this. Sexy silver Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... with what looks like a flexible edge over the instep. Black suede with scrollwork Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register.... Red tailored with detailing Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register.... Strappy heels Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... AND denimy summer shoes I definitely wear Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... BUT not on sale, maybe never on sale, and not quite summer yet. Maybe can wait?

Phew! Somehow I wasn't doing that quite right and it was tedious to paste up. I desperately need to improve certain of my computer not-skills.

Jeannie, you're so sweet for saying what you did. I have much to be grateful for, including my creativity and arts and crafts work. Thank you for reminding me. I didn't realize that you can't drive, which must be more of a headache than I can ever imagine. You certainly wouldn't be able to function out here in the boonies without a car, and even with one, everywhere is a long haul. But the surrounding are beautiful even if I still can't see them so well.

HUGS back!
    Sher
    Last edited by Beader; 02-18-2012, 10:02 AM.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Comment

Working...
    X