News on Lor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News on Lor

I know Lor frequents here so I wanted to give you guys the news first. I wrote her daughter and asked how Lor has been doing and this is the message she sent me.

My mom is getting stronger every day. She is walking with a walker right now and talking well. She is also eating on her own, although she is still learning how to properly hold her silverware. She does however have brain damage. They will not know how much until her therapy is over. She can read well also, however she does not remember how to read a hand clock. She also is unable to write letters or draw things that you ask her too. Her logic isn't too strong right now, but we are hoping it comes back. She does have memory loss as well. She does not remember her epilepsy chat rooms or Facebook too much. We are hoping that will come back though. Thank you for your concern! Hope this helps!

Lots of prayers that she comes back to us.

Hi Christina,

Thanks for keeping us posted on Lor I greatly appreciate it. My prayers are with Lor and her family that she will get well soon and be able to be back with us.
    Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

Thank you Thank you Thank you. Please convey our love to Lor. Attached is a link that I have found helpful in daily life Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
      Perhaps it will help Lor or her family.
      Again, Thank you. Thank you.Thank you.
      Linnie
      Attached Files
      Last edited by linniec; 01-22-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much for letting us know how she is doing. I will keep her in my prayers. Maybe I missed it in the beginning, but what happened to cause this? CVA? Tattoo

Comment

I am waiting on news back with a bit more details. I will pass them on as I get them.

Comment

I have some new from Lor's husband, he has given me a message that he asked me to relay to her friends here at BrainTalk Communities.

Tell everyone Lorraine is doing better and is now in rehab. She can walk
            with very little assistance but will be in rehab for several months. She can talk very clearly and eats without restriction. The only restriction she
            has is thickened fluid for now. She cannot write yet but rehab should help
            that issue. I keep reminding her of you guys and hope she can get back online in the near future to talk with you.

Thanks for thinking of Lorraine
            "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Here's an alphabet coloring book. Coloring will help with muscular control and will help in associating letters, objects and sounds . It was taken from learningplanet.com ,a great site for everyone.
              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

There's more,
              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Linnie
              Last edited by linniec; 01-23-2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing the news on Lor and if you can tell her family that we appreciate them keeping us updated on Lor. My prayers are with her and her family.
                Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

My prayers and very well wishes!

Comment

Lor posted up in the Emotional Support forum !!! What a blessing. I hope she's here soon.

Comment

Hey all I am from the Emotion Support forum. Someone from ES directed us to the chit-chat forum where Lor did post. We were so thankful to hear from her herself. Can't wait until she is back to posting more often. We think she is tops just like everyone else . We decided to just say Hi to her on chit-chat and let her know she is missed.
                      Last edited by joy; 02-06-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

See Lor's post in the thread Below!
                        Last edited by linniec; 03-26-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

prayers for Lor!

Comment

This is for Lor.

Linnie

Comment

Working...
                            X