Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: IVIG and Medicare

  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Michigan near Ann Arbor
    Posts
    11

    Default IVIG and Medicare

    How much is it out of pocket for Medicare to pay for IVIG at an approved facility? Peg

  2. #2
    New Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Plymouth Ma.
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Medicare pays 80% and my supplement insurance pays the other 20%

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Michigan near Ann Arbor
    Posts
    11

    Default Port first and now Medicare and insurance - the beat goes on...

    Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Medicare pays 80% and my supplement insurance pays the other 20%
    I have been denied this year unless I pay 3100 dollars up front because my insurance/retirement system changed to Medco or because I have reached the "donut hole." I do not qualify for monitary help from the company that does my infusions. So I got 2 infusions with my new port and now I am stuck with a port and no infusion. Oh the fun. By Monday I will be ready to try to find another solution but my port still needs to be "flused" every four weeks. I still owe 200 dollars co pay from getting it in last November. YIKES! Take care and thanks for the reply it gives me more to go on. Peg:ambivalence:

Similar Threads

  1. Port for IVIG
    By Peg B in forum Multifocal Motor Neuropathy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
  2. Brand-name prescriptions Medicare and neurological conditions 2012
    By linniec in forum General Neurology & Rare Disorders
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 08:26 AM
  3. IVIG/SOLUMEDROL Infusions (New Topic)
    By Gabriella7 in forum Multiple Sclerosis
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


BTC Inc's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy

The material on this site is for information & support purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice provided by a licensed health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything that you find online.