Thread: For You Music Lovers

Distinguished Community Member

Default For You Music Lovers

Hi Folks,

Over the yrs. I've found that listening to music is one of the best things to help me to relax. My brother in law used to work with Country singers Collin Raye, Garth Brooks, and The Dixie Chics. He was an audio engineer.
    I got to meet Collin Raye and visit with him and his family. Collin and I spoke for awhile and I told him about my parents breaking up and how I had epilepsy. It was then that Collin Raye came out with the song The 11th Commandment
    and I have often wondered if he based this song on what I told him.
    Check out these webpages if you enjoy music from the 1940's through the 1990's . It has all the hits upchucky.com or upchucky.org

Enjoy yourselves and May God Bless You!

Sue

I have to agree. I play the piano and organ for church, and also the trumpet. While I am playing, it is like nothing can hurt me, and I am in my own zone. When I nap during the day, I listen to music on my MP3 player. The music helps me to relax and go into a deeper realm of sleep than I would without it. I have sleep apnea, epilepsy, and chronic pain, so it helps if I am as relaxed as I can be while I sleep.
    Craig Sheffield - Epilepsy, Chronic Pain (Shoulder, Back, Joint Hyper-mobility, Chronic Migraine), Limited Mobility, Asthma, Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Coma Survivor (2 week followed by full body paralysis. 2 months of PT and OT to walk again.)

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

I love my music. I am plugged in to my mp3 whenever I do cleaning or any kind of physical activity. Helps me to ignore the pain and depression. Music can turn my whole day around.