Thread: Happy New Year

Distinguished Community Member

Cool Happy New Year

A happy new year to All, Hopefully, we will all have a good year and our conditions at least improve.
    Blessings
    Alex44

Community Member

I hope everyone has a good year in 2012.

I hoe everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and started the new year off right. I slept the day and evening away after staying up to see the new year come in.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Hello Mark and everybody else. It's good we can still live and breath and dream about all the good things in our lives, even though it seems they are getting so few and far between.

I wish for every one a better New Year than 2011.

I will go rest so I can watch the Orange Bowl. Clemson is in the Orange bowl for the first time in either 20 or 30 years. Gosh does time ever fly!!

Clemson University is about 10 miles down the road from my house. I used to go to the games, but no longer. Clemson has a good year for a change, but it could have been better. Not as good as Green Bay-NFL! lol

So, I'm tired, will go and rest. Will look forward to the comming year and pray we all have a much better year.

My love to you all, Julia
    Last edited by Jo6; 01-04-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Julia, It thought Clemson was going to do much better but they really let the game get away from them in the second half. It was as if they didn't have a defense out there. Still overall they had a good season this year. I am hoping our new coach at IU can get the football team program turned around. It takes some time to get all his players in so I will be patient but it has been a long time now since they were very good. The last coach that had us excited because the team was getting much better died from brain cancer so sometimes you have to wonder if it will ever happen. At least our B-ball team is back to being a top ten team once again.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Default Happy New Year & well wishes to all of us

I was diagnosed with Stiff Person's Syndrome in 2004 and though this autoimmune disease wreaks havoc on my body and has cost me two good jobs I have not given up (though I did think about it a few times). I am seeing two wonderful neurologists in Massachusetts who have been helping me treat my symptoms (& neurotransmitters in my brain) through modern medications. The results have been mixed. I recently started research into treating other parts of my body; the parts that have natural healing abilities for chronic pain, illness, and disease. I started with Micheal Pollan's book "The Omnivores Dilemma" regarding the methods by which most of the food we consume is produced via immense processes that rob grocery store foods of the basic nutrients our bodies need to heal themselves. I investigated alternative methods for obtaining foods that are beneficial because of the way they are grown and have recently started eating grain fed meats, eggs, raw goats milk, and really interesting smoothies made from organic grasses, fruits, seeds, extra virgin tropical oils (don't believe the hype about tropical oils being bad for you), fermented fungi, natural butter, and all kinds of wonderful things. Keep in mind that I come from a long history of eating large scale-commercially processed meats, cream, processed breads, pastas, junk food, soda, chips, etc.
    This is a fascinating new area of research for me becasue I am a Chef but throughout my career I had relied for the most part on commercially available products and some locally grown seasonal produce. I cooked better for my customers than for myself but I have new motivation to move my cooking and eating into a whole new level.
    This morning I woke up and had no racking spasms, no difficulty walking, and no problems with the bathroom. I can't believe it and I may be counting my organic chicken eggs before they are hatched since I only started a week ago but I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Happy New Year to Alex, Burr, Mark, Julia and everyone.

Jerome...look in to Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach Florida. They have a 3 week program where you eat and drink only raw, organic juice and vegetables and receive alternative treatments for a host of ailments. I have gone there twice and seen miracles so I wish you the very best on your quest to treat yourself with pure/organic food or just get the books by Brian and Anna Marie Clements to help you on your quest. I did experience what they called detox when going from a regular american diet to raw vegetables and juices but I was able to help my immune system and felts worlds better. Honestly, I have fallen off the wagon of eating well but you have given me inspiration to restart. Thanks for that. I wish you the best Jerome. Take care, Diandra

Angry Good luck

I hope everyone is having a happy new year. How about everyone checking in so that the community knows you are O.K. I care and I know everyone else does so please, make yourselves heard - the way Pain Management is going, we may be in dire straits indeed. The Goverment has beuracrats deciding what we can have, check out Washington State, If I am not mistaken, they have a limit of 120mg. on anything Equivalant to 120mg. of Morphine. these are not Doc's - the rest of what I would say would get me booted so I will leave it at that.
    Happy New Year
    Alex44

Jerome, glad to hear you have found a treatment that works for you. It makes it nice that it is something you can do for yourself. It had to be wonderful to wake up without the pain or spasms. I hope the new diet continues to do the job.