and
    love.

Please drop by sometime during the year
    to share an update with us.

The light is always on here.

Blessings to all in the New Year ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Happy New Year Rose! And Happy New Year to all CN friends too! :) We are celebrating Caitlin's 11th birthday tomorrow! Can't believe that many years have gone by. I always wish for a 'surgery-free' new year....so far have not had that wish come true, but I always hope! Back to the cleaning...hoping I can get to bed before midnight...have to mop the floors yet. Having our families over tomorrow for the football game and birthday lunch & cake! Yay! :)

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Distinguished Community Member

happpy new year to all our neuro buddies both young and old.

May the year be a great year of health, and happiness.

God bless and seeya,

Paul, Alison and Grant the champ.
    Foster parent, now medical guardian and administrator
    for Grant the champ aged 30, yes 30!

Happy New Year to all of you! May 2012 be a better, kinder, healthier, gentler Year for this tired world!
    grandmother of Tyler (24): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

Blog Entries

Happy New Year to all my dear friends, old and new, on CN2. I wish you all a healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year. Much love, Donna
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Community Member

Happy New Year. Once I got past Dec. 29th, I have been doing ok. Praying the next year is a blessing for all of us.
    Carrie mom to Amanda my new angel 12-29-07.NO LONGER DXD Multicystic Encephalomalcia, Acryptic CAH, Loved to watch mtv hits, wrestling, 3 stooges, Andy Griffith and Spongebob Square pants.

And Josh 21 year old brain.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((NEW YEAR HUGS))))))

So nice to see you all here!

Happy 11th Birthday Caitlin! Hope you were well rested for the big party, Lisa! Wishing with you for a surgery-free 2012!

Hey, Paul ~ hope the Champ is rock solid stable and in Championship mode. How was your Christmas and New Year's Eve? (Question is for everyone, by the way!)

Hi Tamie ~ I've been missing you. What is the latest with Tyler? How are the UTI's? Jon just had one. How are you feeling?

Hi Donna ~ How was Christmas at home with Nicholas? I hope you all had a wonderful time. Are things going more smoothly at Nick's new digs?

Hi Carrie ~ I've been thinking of you, knowing this is a difficult time for you every year. Sending prayers of peace and comfort for you and that you are feeling Amanda's presence very near you.

Perhaps those of you, who have contact with other CN members via Facebook etc., might encourage them to drop by here at least once this year with an update. I miss the news of all of our CN family.

Abundant blessings to all in the new year!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

Hi Rose. Tyler's being Tyler. No UTI's for a few months, but breathing problems becoming more of a nuisance (seizure related). Made a video yesterday of Tyler's constant seizures and took it in to his neuro. Have no idea if it will help, but at least he can see what we see on a daily basis. Still up in the air about the spinal fusion surgery. The ortho wants to have Tyler's molded wheelchair evaluated and changed to fit his current body. That may slow down the progression of the scoliosis/kyphosis and reduce the need for surgery. I am trying to keep Tyler from becoming bed bound for the rest of his life and the doctor's look at me like I am crazy. Very frustrating.

I have good days and not so good ones. The cardiologist said recovery would take a year or more and he was right. They've upped my blood pressure meds cause my b/p soared over the holidays and that's not good. Feeling better now that they are under better control. Have an appointment next week for tests on my left arm and right leg. Still little, to no, feeling in my leg and no pulse in my arm and stiffness in my fingers. They are puzzled. See the cardiologist as well. Busy week. Thanks for asking.

Hope Jon is feeling better. Those UTI's can get pretty nasty.
    grandmother of Tyler (24): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Tamie & Tyler))))))

Good news about UTI's staying at bay for awhile for Tyler, but those confounded seizures! Oh, Tamie, I know so well what you're going through.

Perhaps a new chair would be beneficial to Tyler, while you ponder the fusion surgery. If positioning might halt progression or mitigate the problem short term, that would be something at least.

When the docs look at you like you're crazy, look at them like their crazy. Then ask, "What if Tyler was your child? What would you do? How would you feel facing these decisions?"

Sometimes they fail to see the Big Picture. Even what seems to be a no brainer to a doctor, because s/he does it all the time for many patients, is a BIG DEAL to the patient and their loved ones. We have to be careful about everything with our children ~ food, drug side effects and interactions, just the very essence of their beings. So something like surgery is overwhelming. I think doctors forget that, especially as our children get older.

And they look at us like we're crazy, because they're thinking, "Well, what do you expect?" Or, "You should be used to this stuff by now."

Whatever decisions you reach for Tyler will be the right ones. You've always made the best decisions for him in the past, and that will never change. Have faith and go with your gut.

I'm so sorry to hear about your leg and arm issues, and I'll pray that your cardiologist is able to help you. Glad to hear your BP is under control now. Holidays can be very stressful.

My prayers for you both continue ~ May 2012 hold many, many, many GOOD DAYS for you!

Love & Light,

Rose