Thread: I may be a little slow in replying to issues and such

Blog Entries

Default I may be a little slow in replying to issues and such

Due to me spraining my right thumb and wrist playing football (crossing the goal line) with my nephews (stupid wet grass ) I am forced to temporarily type one handed I might even resort to just not stopping by for a day or two to allow the swelling to go down a bit. Haven't made up my mind yet.

P.S. I did score a touchdown so it wasn't a total loss
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Oh you poor baby! You need to "rest" that thumb and wrist more than a day!! Did you go get it ex-rayed? If not, just why didn't you? You should know that. Do you ever read these horror stories that we are forever writing about, spraining this and that, always something? Well you need to go hunt them up.!!

Now you go to the Forum where we complain about these things. Christina posted a good one. She can say much in very few words. That's something I haven't mastered yet!:)

You take care now, we can watch the store for you while you rest up.

ps: I'll be the one doing the Charleston with one leg. A sight to behold!

You be more careful next time and tell the nephew's not to work so hard at letting you win. lol

love you bunches, Jo
    Last edited by Jo6; 12-27-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Yay! On the touchdown! boo on the booboo!

Rest that puppy! Lots of ice and TLC.

Distinguished Community Member

[B]well you deserve a very lightweight trophy for that touchdown! ice & total rest sounds right to me. we promise to behave while you are gone. B]

Blog Entries

Hehe thanks :) Now if the sprain wasn't bad enough, I brought home an extra present .... the cold they had while I was there So while my thumb and wrist are almost 100%, the rest of my body is achy and my head is all stuffy But if I had it all to do over again, I surely would :)

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Blog Entries

I took a picture about 10 minutes ago for those that are interested. You can find it here: http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...=8483#post8483

Step 1 - log in