Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this...........

Distinguished Community Member

Good to hear that Jan. I imagine it makes you look younger. I use to love getting what was called frost when I could sit that long. Keep getting rested up and keep us informed.
    Last edited by joy; 03-06-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

I saw Hank last Saturday with Dusty and when we were leaving Hank tried to slip out the door with me. I actually pushed the door shut so he couldn't follow me. He did not have a pleasant look on his face!
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Jan, it's nice to get a compliment eh? good for you! and it seems Hank is getting a bit too clever. perhaps you could ask that someone on staff walk you to the door? also am glad to know someone did a followup visit. restores a bit of faith in "the system"

I do hope you will have so many family members urging you to come visit this summer that you will rethink having fun versus visiting the NH so much. he won't know you're out in the kyak afterall. and we all so enjoy reading about your adventures & seeing your pic's!

Jan I can't say it often enough, I am so glad you are playing it safe. Myself, I know my hubby has low B12 and also that he does very little if anything to correct it. And as he overworks and is so grouchy at times, it really makes me stop and think just how much more so many people are dealing with than my petty problems. I hope it is a good summer for you as well. Before, during and after - in fact.
    Last edited by joy; 03-06-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

You know, every now and again we can smile at little things that happen, but sometimes it never gets to feel like lauging to the one it happens to.

I'm just going to it out anyway. One of Kens uncles asked me if Ken had gonna over the "fit" that Mary had the night he was leaving. of course I never ever heard anything at all about this "fit".

Well uncle Fred said Mary followed Ken to the door, he tried to get her back so he could shut the door. He said that Mary threw her arms around his neck and would not turn loose and started screaming to take her home with him. He said Ken tried everything, but couldn't get anywhere. She followed him back to the nurses station and still had ahold of him. Finally Ken agreed to let the nurse go with them.

I could have told him that was NOT a good idea, but nobody ask me.

Fred said she did the same thing, beating up on Ken and the nurse. Ken finally got between the door and nurse and scooted out the door and closed it quickly. He said that Mary was screaming and kicking the door and carring on something awful.

Ask Uncle Fred what happened then. He looked at me and said, you'll have to ask Kenny about that part and he laughed.

Ken never did tell me about it and a long time later I asked him about it. He just blew me off and that was the end of that conversation.

Now he new Mary had hurt me many times and also her daughter, but he simply would not talk about it at all. I guess I'll never know.

Jan, I guess that is why I keep cautioning all of you to watch your back. It may never happen. People are different, but Mary had the strength of a bull when she got mad about something. Most times I never knew what set her off.

It's all so sad, but his Mom would never hurt a fly. If you were driving down the road and a skunk was waddling across the street she would grab the sterring wheel and almost make you have a wreck. Now that was BEFORE she got so sick. I think she already had AD, but we just didn't see it at the time.

I just wish the best for all of you and the one that is ill. My heart aches for you all and if I could make it go away I would. Take care everybody and may God bless us all

I love you Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12