Thread: Lorazepam Intensol and Chocolate Seizure Trigger? Move?

Hybrid View

Default Lorazepam Intensol and Chocolate Seizure Trigger? Move?

I was just wondering if anyone has had any strange side effects when using this medication as an emergency medication during a seizure? My BFF who also lives with me that I take care of was just prescribed this had no side effects the first few times we gave it to her but is now screaming that she feels like she is burning when she seizes. I do not know if it is the intensol or what.

Also, can chocolate trigger seizures? Have any of you had this problem? She went 6 weeks without seizures then we bought chocolate and now she has been eating some everyday and she is now seizing everyday and I can only think that this is the only change.

One more... We just bought a house and are closing at the end of the month. It is a huge 4 bedroom house with 2 full baths. The first floor has two bedrooms and a full bath and I am pretty much insisting she take one of those bedrooms so she doesn't have to use the stairs very often. I don't want her mad at me but I would never forgive myself if she fell down them during a seizure and got hurt badly or died from the fall.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stacie

Happy Holidays Everyone

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Stacie,

When I took neurontin it caused me to have absence status sz. where I would be out of it for 40 min. to 3 hrs. The best thing for your friend to do is see her neuro and ask them to do a DNA test on her. By doing this it will show what sz. med will
    work the best with the least side effects. Check out drugwatch.com to get the detail on her sz. med. I read that if a person has epilepsy they should tell the Dr. before perscribing the drug.
    Certain things can trigger sz. for some people. I know to much sugar and anything with nutra sweet in it will cause me to have a sz. It could be that the sugar from the chocolate is triggering sz.. Also maybe it's the weather change I know I have
    more sz. in the fall and winter than I do in the spring and summer and that's because there's less light and seriton (sp?) outside.

As far as what floor her room should be on the best thing to do is ask her, don't let her epilepsy take over her life so that she's not treated like a normal everyday person. I understand how you are concerned but as I mentioned the best thing
    to do is to talk about it. Here's wishing the both of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
    Merry Christmas