Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epilepsy Surgey

Hi Eveyone,

Let me just say happy holidays, and I hope the forum grows after the first of the year! or maybe I dont? you know what I mean Epilepsy Sufferers out there?
    I have having the two phase surgery on Jan25th and the second on Feb 2nd if all goes well! I have a question that may sound silly but I have a reason for asking, I have been having some urinary tract infections lately and was wandering if they cath you during Epilepsy surgery? I know during all four of my prior Brain surgeris I was, but I am not reading anything about on this kind of surgery? any help would be appreciacted! Regards Jeff

Hi Jeff,

When I had the veeg done with the electrodes put directly on my brain they did a cath on me for a few days and then they removed it. I hope and pray your surgery goes well. May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

I've had 'brain surgery' twice - had a tracboth times. No problems at all.

Comment

A tracheotomy

*ohno Ok! forget about the Cath now jingle why did they have to put a trac in? Now I am very worried, reason I have had serious respiratory problems lately, and I don't know how to think now? besides saying WTF!!!!!!!!!! I am seriously considering if I am making the right descision here or not? seeing that I have had Trauma and four Er surgeries, I can see Respiratory failure Wrote all over the wall and floating in the Air!!!!!!! I am not being negative, purely realistic!!!!

Comment

Jeff, take some chill pills. Not trying to be funny, I understand your concerns, but your BP is going to go sky high. Ask David H. He has had some problems and I'm not sure what, but he is one of the Admins. but he does post here sometimes. He probably could answer most any question you have about the surgery.

Now I don't know this as a fact, but won't hurt to ask. Better than having a stroke, eh?:)

Take care, Jo ((((Jeff))))
          Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
          'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Because it is major surgery and is of some length, plus it should involve anesthesia at some level, I would expect to have an indwelling catheter and not an in and out straight cath. Surgery uses the indwelling kind. Easier on you and causes no interruption of your surgery. Keeps all clean too. Best way to handle things. I do not recall any trache at all when I had surgery and it was long. There is no need as long as breathing on your own. Would be contraindicated if breathing on your own. They will use an airway just to keep tongue still and out of the way and airway open. Not down your throat at all, so air can flow in easily. I was not at all aware of any of this as it is usually placed after asleep and removed when done. No biggie at all. Tattoo

Comment

Thanks Jo! I actualy laughed reading your post!

Tattoo2 Thanks for your reply as well! Wishing All the Best Jeff:angel:
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X