Whats everyone reading now and/or read lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats everyone reading now and/or read lately

As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

I Was a Dancer, Jacques d'Amboise

Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope, Gabrielle Giffords and Mark Kelly with Jeffrey Zaslow

Finished reading

Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs, Levi Johnston

It was worth the purchase and read. Even though it took time to consider it. Have to say that I believe Levi’s side of the story and I’m starting to like him. Not Bristol and Sarah’s side of the story like I did before I this. Starting to not like both of them.

Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far, Bristol Palin and Nancy French

Again, it was definitely worth the purchase and read.

This is taken from another thread and/response that I have done regarding Bristol's mother and Tripp's grandmother.

What is/are Sarah Palin stance/s on family leave act (maternity, paternity, etc)? The reason why I'm asking this here because she didn't bring up in neither of her books. In my opinion this should be a paid one. It should also nation and worldwide as well.

Is there anyone else on here besides whom are getting beyond tired of her still being in the spotlight? That also goes her putting her husband, kids, rest of her family, and friends being in the spotlight and etc. Even though I'm still like her as a person then a politician.

She should just go back to her husband and kids. Instead being in the spotlight. Do feel sorry for her kids and the rest of family and everyone whom is associated with her. Because politics have truly ruined her and her husband for sure. Yeah I could be wrong about this.

Finished reading these few books a few mo back.

The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents.: One Unconventional Detour Around the World, Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, Amanda Pressner. It was worth the read. Especially, returning the hardcover because found it was little worn. Had to wait until the paperback was released to read it.

Mountain of Crumbs: A Memoir, Elena Gorokhova a week ago. It was worth read. Especially, since found I learned more about the former Soviet Union then what I already knew about before reading your memoir. Can't wait to read more of Ms Gorokhova's life and/or her mothers life now.

A Father's Love: One Man's Unrelenting Battle to Bring His Abducted Son Home, David Goldman. WOW what a memoir this was and thank you, Mr. Goldman for writing about your ordeal to get Sean back home.

I used to be an avid reader, now it is very hard for me to concentrate long enough to read, especially since my surgery in Sept. Before then , I read same kind of different as me...Ron Hall and Denver Moore
    The Help...Katherine Stockett ?
    The shack ?.
    The Christmas sweater...Glenn Beck
    The confession ...J
    Anything by John Grissom
    Hope I can get better and get back to reading, I always loved it! :)

Comment

I am working on Bag of Bones by Stephen King again. Was pleased to see that I decided to reread it and then heard about the two night movie versions started tonight but only 10 minutes into the movie and am disgusted. Keep yelling 'WRONG!' at the tv......'that's not how it happened!' LOL. Hate when the ruin a book by making the movie.

Not finding a lot to read. My local librarian sucks and seems to love romance in every way, shape and form but horror romance just doesn't cut it. Not the same lol. Plus now the lines between horror, mystery and scifi are becoming a bit blurred in the publishing world and I am finding a bit of non horror mixed in because that is how it is listed by the publisher. I don't read as much as I used to either. I just finished Stephen King's "11/22/63" and the dang thing was so big it took me over two weeks to read it. At 980 pages it would have normally taken a couple of days. Now I often find myself waking with my face in a book.

Comment

I'm currenty reading Deception by Jonathan Kellerman. I love murder mysteries.
        Last edited by dawnmn; 12-12-2011, 10:51 AM.
        Take care,
        Dawn

Comment

I read constantly. just finished Ann Rule's "Bitter Harvest". this book was very disturbing to read. and I've read a zillion of her books.

Comment

Oh Dawn , I love Jonathan Kellerman, I have read most of his books, Christina, I used to read Stephen king, but after a while it got to weird for me, , Buttons, I am not familiar withAnn Rules work, I may check her out ! :) GING

Comment

Ging yeah he gets around. Sometimes I get through the book to the end and think What! but I am addicted to the ride there. His writing style rings more true than a lot of other authors. I don't mind reading all kinds of other stuff but I don't do romance or westerns. I stay away from Autobiographies and political non fiction. Actually I have read a couple of biographies but that's about it. I notice that it seems as if everyone is doing character series which annoys me to no end. Makes it harder for me find things. I have to take a bag with me every time I go to the library cause I like to get all kinds of brain books. Not books about the brain but books to fill your brain lol.

I always have books here, right now I am also reading

'Brainworks' from National Geographic

'The Green Home Organic Crops In Pots' Deborah Schneebeli-Morrell

'Home Remedies from a Country Doctor' this is from Yankee Magazine.

there's three more books here but they are back in my bag and not sure of the titles.

One day I would like to have a huge library. I don't have any room for collecting books but I am working on a small King collection.

Comment

my last trip to public library I got only 3 books. and wouldn't yu know it, two were in a series so I don't want to read them until I read the firsst in series. It takes me so long trying to find what I want and I cannot stand upright long enough. The last books I returned most unread as I still cannot function all that well. Heck even holding a book kills my hands. But I would be remiss if I did not mention the five years that I worked in a college library. on't you know that was my dream job? not nec the work whicj was on computers and i did great work but because we had such great breaks, 30 minutes am and pm and a full hour for lunch. I roamed the aisles looking and reading and especially enjoyed all the reference books that no one was allowed to take home. I had plenty of time to read them and did many of interesting ones. sad now that my concentration is not all that great. i don't make it to library like i would like but hey at least i can recheck on computer they said last time i took late books in.

I intend to copy some of the books you all mentioned down and check to see if they interest me on one of my next trips. good thread, thanks
                Last edited by joy; 12-12-2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I'm also fan of the Kellerman's. his wife Faye writes mostly about Jewish women,which I had no knowledge of so nice to learn new things.

I stopped reading King years ago,just got to creepy for me.

Anne Rule is a true crime author from the Northwest,so I'm familiar with many of the settings. She's written alot of books. used to be a policewoman. she actually knew Ted Bundy long before he was caught.

I tend to read fiction on best seller lists.

Comment

I also like Jonathan Kellerman, John Grish. Patricia Cornwell, , many I can't remember now. I like Sue Grafton and not sure I'm spelling any of these right. Eyes are closing.

I'm wondering if Sue Graftons book V is out yet. I go to Barnes and Noble on their web site. They sell used books and I have ordered many. They have always been clean no dog-eared pages, almost like new.

Since I can't get out much lately I order many things I used to enjoy shopping for. Right now I'm out of thngs to read. I hate to pay nearly 30 bucks for a hard back book that was just released!

Happy reading to everyone, Jo
                    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

I don't know if anyone is interested or not but I am a member of Paperback Swap and exchanged books for a couple of years. All kinds of books for no more than the price of shipping and with media mail or first class it is only a couple of bucks. It may be worth looking into if you don't mind being on a waiting list or may have authors whose past books you missed. Which reminds me I have a whole bin of books that need to go but I put my account on hold at the beginning of last year.

I am finishing up Bag of Bones. couldn't even really watch the rest of the movie it was so bad. And I have seen everything of his.

Comment

Working...
                      X