Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8283334353637383940414243486888 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Community Member

WOW Everyone...so much going on here. I know if I spend the time catching up I will never get to post. Reading knocks me out sometimes. I did fall asleep earlier but the nerve pain down the legs made it last only an hour. I am thankful that I have the neurontin. It has truly been a life saver. I am now up to 400mgs 4x's a day. Well 2 are for bedtime. I forgot tonight. It doesnt make the nerve pain disappear but it does sure help. I think I would prefer sleep though right now. It has been such a long day. I posted a new thread about the test results. I have been running around trying to get them done, squeeze in drs and deal with family life. Plus I, like another member I know here (no names...LOL), like to keep my head buried in the sand and ignore all this spiney crap!! Its getting harder to ignore. Pain on my left side of the neck has increased greatly and I cannot look up again or left much at all. That accident truly has thrown my spine for a loop. Praying it calms down soon!! I wasnt too thrilled with the test results and I guess the most disappointing one was the failed fusion :( How can it happen to me twice?? There is no hardware at that level (c5-C6), so I dont know how long I can let it stay like that?? Forever would work real well with me!!! LOL!! Going to surgeon Monday...cant wait to get the news..

Kids are doing well. They have me running as usual. Taigan starts gymnastics tomorrow and she is soo excited. We were supposed to go last saturday but the snow cancelled that. We have been so lucky to not really have any snow. It has been such a mild winter, a few cold days here and there...this is my kind of winter!!!! The weekend looks beautiful...low 40's but it beats snow!! Logan has a basketball game in the afternoon both days and I am meeting a girlfriend with her son and Taigan for lunch tomorrow. We are going for my bday which isnt till next week but she can only go on weekends with work. Should be nice.

Not much else happening in my neck of the woods. I did get a newer minivan and its ok. I dont love it but love the face it has 80,000 less miles. My last van had almost 150,000 miles on it. Goes to show you I am always running. I had bought that van originally with 14,000 miles in 2003. I miss my old van for some of the features and the size. This one is definetly smaller. Both are Chrysler Town & Country.

Mark how is everyone? How is Penny? The kids and your sweet granddaughter? How is the pain? Have you been getting your rest? I miss our chats and I am sorry I have been so flakey around here. I promise to try to be better. I use the ipad a lot & typing on it is a pain. Logan has mine 99% of the time. I stole it back tonight to pop on and chat with the group.

Kat how are you doing? How is kitty? Have you had a lot of snow? Hoping your son in law is doing better? I did do a little catching up but I am praying for him. Just because I dont get on often doesnt mean you all are not in my thoughts. I miss being here and chatting. I am going to try to be a better spiney

Melanie are you still here? How are you? How are the boys? You have to call me one of these days...miss our chats too. How is that sweet grandbaby? Any pics to share with us? Whats going on with your spine and pain? I think of you often.

If I missed anyone I apologize...I havent gone back thru the thread to really catch up. I will try to after I post.

Praying everyone is staying warm & pain free. I will check in soon!! Hugs to you all!!!

Here are 2 recent pics of the kiddos... With Logan on 3 basketball teams we keep busy...LOL Taigan was hanging out with her buddies while playing on her ipod touch..LOL

tt.jpg

logan bball.jpg
    ~*~*~*~*~*~
    Brigitte

Distinguished Community Member

It is nice to check in and see Brigitte back on. Sorry to hear about the bad news with no fusion going on. You know you need to get the surgery soon as you are in danger right now unless you are willing to have a neck brace on all the time. Megan is sick right now feeling really bad as people at the Nursing Home are spreading around. I just hope her family and we don't get it. Emery is in the phase of being full of energy on the run all the time right now. Tyrel is working on getting into the Army in the next couple of months. Penny is doing much better and I hope she is past all the hormone changes now. She is back to the fun loving wife I knew a number of years ago. I got the basement work done and just finished up doing a dresser for our bedroom that Penny wanted. We have had it a long time but I painted it and we brought the antique dresser in the basement and it looks good down here. The next project will be to turn an antique dresser [a different one] into a vanity for the basement bathroom as we just put in a cabinet and steel sink in it to make it useful. I will but that cabinet and sink back in my shop and the vanity will have a sink that sets on the top of the vanity and faucets coming out of the wall. That will start some time in the Spring when we save enough money to get what we need. It sounds like you are running around just like usual no matter how you are doing. I am glad the neurotin is working for you until you get the next spinal surgery that takes care of the nerves causing the pain. Take care of yourself and that family being sure to check in to let us know how you are doing.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Community Member

Mark It makes me smile to see how well things are going with you and Penny! That is just awesome and I am so happy for you!! :) Poor Megan and being sick :( How is she handling that little ball of fire. It sucks when mom's get sick. There is no real rest for us! Hopefully she starts feeling better soon and does not share it with all of you!!

You are certainly keeping busy with the projects..you will have to share some pics with us. I am glad your able to work on the stuff. Just take your time!!

Hope Tyrel is helping you too :) Army? I hate to see him join in such a sad time but I am proud he is will to fight for our freedom. He is so young. Is he working while he is home?

I better try and sleep. I was trying to google all the information but in the end I still didnt fully grasp it till you laid it out in lay man's terms...LOL I am very nervous and I hate that the fusion failed. I am seriously debating starting the bone growth stimulator again. I stopped so long ago as it was a pain, always getting stuck in my hair, plus I thought fusion was taking place. If the stimulator worked it doesnt solve all my probems though I guess. I dont know. I am going to rest and tomorrow (today...lol) is another day to digest all this.

Get some rest!! Thanks again for your help, advice and support!! You know I truly appreciate it!! Hugs!!!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~
    Brigitte

Brigitte, It is nice to have a better atmosphere in the house and shows that if people will stick it out, if there is no abuse, that things can get better. Tyrel is well prepared for being in the Army along with the possible consequences but he could very well end up in a technical field with no risk of being in a combat area. He isn't working as he is putting his efforts into getting into the military. The military is better than the mess our economy is in. Our President is wasting money on paying off his supportive groups even when knowing the companies are on the verge of bankruptcy and goes ahead and gives them hundreds of millions then then they go bankrupt paying huge bonuses instead of repaying the taxpayers first. If the media would tell the truth about all of this people would have a much different idea about him. We have one of those companies here in Indiana.

Don't fret about your spine too much. I hope you can get some fusion going soon. Maybe things will improve for you and your spine will get better.

I do take it easy with the projects whether I want to or not as my body will only do so much. I will try and have Tyrel or Penny help me get pictures on the board.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Community Member

Default Hi

Hi to everyone I have met here........hope all are doing well. Just an update for those of you that helped me through this. I am a little over 3months post surgery and am back to work full time. (started back about 3 weeks ago). The first week was terrible and could only do two 4 hour days. The second week was limited, but better. I am at the end of my first full week back and feel like a new person. The exhaustion is more or less gone. I am moving patients, lifting things and doing all my usual work. I still can't eat much(swallowing has improved, but very little), but am getting alot of nutrients in me with what I can get. I get my repeat xray in a few days to see how much has fused.(fingers crossed!!) OH, and the best...at the beginning of Jan I got ALL my feeling back in my legs and walking again, no more foot drop. I am able to open jars(haven't done that in years) and I have most of the movement back in both my hands.

Again, hope all are well and yes, there are good days after spinal surgery!!!
    2011 ACDF levels 3-7

Carol, what great news about your recovery. I remember how nice it was to do something I hadn't been able to do for years following surgery so enjoy it all you can. You certainly sound like you are on your way to a full recovery and I will keep my fingers crossed for you heading into the xray hoping fusion is taking place. I am so glad you came around and let us know that you are doing so well.

It looks like not much is going on around here. I spent the day looking on the internet for a transmission as the one in my SUV went out. I was able to find a couple but I want to talk to my mechanic again and see what he recommends. Other than that I had a lazy sleepy day today. I didn't really sleep but I never could feel fully awake until this evening. Other than that I don't have much happening either.

Community Member

Hi Mark,
    Yuck on needing a transmission. They are never cheap!! I should be sleeping but I was ordering pics that I had a $20 coupon for and it expired tonight. Of course it took forever but I am happy with what I got.

How is everything going? Have you been working on any new projects yet? Cant wait to see some pics when you get a chance.

Carol great job on your progress. Just dont over do it and put yourself back out of commission. Hopefully your job is not too strenuous. Keep healing and good luck!!!

Well I went to the surgeon yesterday. I just dont know what to think. He basically showed me the ct scan step by step. There is a small line of fusion in the front and back of the vertebrae. The center is like a black hole. I said maybe it still has a chance to fuse. He said no more fusion would happen now. He also said the disc above has very small herniation and contrary to the report does not enroach the thecal sack. He said he could re do my fusion and clean out the severe stenosis on the C5-6 level or I could just leave it be. He feels that ESI's would be extremely beneficial. I asked if that was just a bandaid and he says no.

Im lost on what to think. I think I honestly have lost faith in my dr. He also feels the shots would also be beneficial to the L5-S1. He wants me to do shots, PT and come back in 2 months. I didnt even schedule follow up with him as I dont know. I do have my films on disc now and I have to go thru them. Also need to pick up the reports for the lumbar xrays. I think I am going to take your advice and get another opinion. Maybe try the shots? I dont know. I had them done in 2000 and they didnt do anything for me then. Lumbar spine is so painful...how can a shot help that?

So thats my story....LOL

Other than that I went shopping with my GF today. Had to drop off my van as it was leaking something. Looked like oil but it turned out to be coolant. Some hose this broke and thats why. Thank god these guys offered a 6,000 mile warranty. This was free!!! I hate auto bills!!!

Ok I am going to get some sleep!! Sleep well everyone!!!
    Last edited by logannamath; 01-31-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~
    Brigitte

Community Member

Hi All ~ Thought I'd jump in and say "hi." Looks like it's gonna be a sunny day -- at least PART of the day anyway. Yesterday we got up to 55 degrees!!! I doubt we'll get that high today.

Mark ~ I hope your mechanic gives you some good news today about your SUV. Transmissions are expensive -- maybe he can give you a break! (yeah, right). I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Carol ~ I'm amazed that you're back to work fulltime after only 3 months!!! You're amazing! After i had a laminectomy/diskectomy/foramenotomy, I didn't go back to work PART-TIME for 4 months, and full-time for 6 months!!! And I was just an Optician -- I didn't have to move patients or anything! So you definitely are amazing! Just be careful -- I'm sure i don't have to tell you that. LOL

Brigette ~ I'm sorry you're still having so much pain. The spinal injections CAN help that IF they work. They reduce the inflammation. But they don't always work -- I never had any results from them. It's worth a try tho. Just remember that if the FIRST one doesn't work, don't let him do any more cause the rest of them won't work either.

Hey Melanie ~ I'm really disheartened to learn that your symptoms are all coming back, and some even worse than before. I just don't get it. I know that the surgeries don't always reduce the pain, but I would think that it would improve the weakness, etc.!!!! SHEEESH! This makes me mad! I'm sure YOU aren't too happy about it either! Lots of prayers headed your way.

Not much going on here. Still fighting with pain, but that's nothing new. Lost a very good friend (74 yrs old) to cancer, and it really affected my granddaughter --- she loved him dearly. Even tho' he wasn't related, she called him "Uncle."

Hope all are doing well -- lets hope the groundhog doesn't see his shadow tomorrow! LOL Take care & God bless. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Distinguished Community Member puddykat's Avatar

I tried to read all posts......Brigitte you come to mind first that maybe you should get another opinion re: your back?...please ignore if my post goofy, too many strokes, sleeping alot but trying to stay in contact......
    Mel, feel better soon
    Carol, you're doing great
    Sorry your SUV dumped on your Mark.
    Lee sounds like you're doing great too.
    Warm weather here but no sun, no snow til weekend.
    Weathergirl done.....hugs all, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8283334353637383940414243486888 ... LastLast