Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4294969747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Distinguished Community Member

Lee, I am here fending off the cat that is acting crazy playing so much this morning. Some times I think I am just one of his play toys but he does come up and sleep on my lap. I hope you are in the middle of a good visit with your granddaughter. Yes teenagers aren't easy to deal with as I think it is a psycholgical condition that could be recognized. It was nice that she came back and told you she was sorry for how she responded to you before. Most would go on like nothing happened not realizing how much it helps to say your sorry once in a while.

I think men cook so much in some families because the woman enjoys the time off. I know I have done it because I enjoy it but Penny claims it is because I am a better cook. I know that isn't true but I could deal better with the kids not liking something I made that she could.

We are having a warm day today so I am going to get outside as much as I can. The yard could use some work so I guess I will be out there doing yard work.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Well the weekend isn't off to a very good start as far as my pain levels go. My thoracic spine is still killing me and this flare is lasting longer than I had hoped it would. I k new better than to lift the table saw onto the table I had made for it to sit down in. Of course stubborn me had to go ahead and keep working to get it secured down before I stopped to give my spine a break. All the bending and twisting to get under the saw table and bring up the bolting straps didn't help matters either. Other than that it has been a decent day to start the weekend. It is supposed to be 20 degrees cooler today so I don't think I will be out in the yard like I was earlier. I was able to get the front yard mowed [about 5 minutes work] as the grass is really thick and growing fast. It is the part of the yard that I dug up all the grass and weeds, 2 yrs ago, and replanted seed to get a lawn started without all the weeds in it. Now it looks great but needs to be mowed frequently. I did the edging earlier in the week so I trimmed a few of our small hedges to keep them in control. Now I hope to go to sleep soon and wake up feeling much better - at least I can dream big dreams.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

I hope the mothers here had a good Mother's Day. We went to the kids house and helped them put in their new laminated hardwood flooring. Penny spent a lot of time with the two granddaughters and I overdid it helping with the floor. Getting up and down off the floor just took it out of me especially since I didn't sleep last night. It was a good time being with them and seeing how much the house is being improved and how the granddaughters are growing. Audyn is starting to scoot across the floor and you can tell she wants to crawl but can't quite figure it out yet. Emery was over her 24 hr illness and was going back and forth between grandma and Audyn or out with mom, dad, and grandpa working on the floor. It was a nice day out today but it was too cool. Tyrel said his unit is on schedule to rotate out in Dec and right now it looks like they would replace the unit in Kandahar but they are concerned about being sent into Syria. I have had enough of our troops in combat and hope they all come home soon. We have no business sending our men and women to Syria to die and we have been in Afghanistan too long. I know it doesn't worry Tyrel as it is the reason he went into the Airborne unit.
    All in all it was a good day today and I am paying a price for the work but through exhaustion not increased pain.

It turns out that Emery's 24 hour bug was Strep throat so they now have her on antibiotics trying to rid her of the bug. At least Emery isn't acting ill so the only concern is that it doesn't get worse. Audyn got her first tooth in and I thought Emery would be excited but Megan says she denies that Audyn has a tooth as she is "to little". She better figure out her sister is growing up and won't be a little baby any more. I overdid it today as I spent the evening making a bed frame to go along with the headboard I am making from an old door. I have a lot of work to do on the door but at least the frame is put together. It sure did wear me out and having my left side pain back [cervical down through my shoulder and my arm] didn't help. I am getting a massage tomorrow and I hope it helps as much as it did the last time I had this pain.

I sure had a full three day weekend and still I am feeling it now. It was a nice visit with my mom and for the rest of the family to go to visit Penny's family. I wanted to go with them but the 7 hour trip was too much for me so they dropped me off to my mom's house. The girls were very good during the trip and once they got to Aunt's house. They were also very good at my mom's house and you couldn't want kids that young to do any better for that long trip. When we got back we called the kids to see how they were doing as they needed to do the chores for getting ready to go to work the next day. Emery was acting up because she needed more attention and a place to run off a lot of energy. Penny and I took her to the park to play and run around until I had to get back to my chair. When we got in the house Tyrel called and it was good to hear his voice. I found out that Penny had the wrong name of where his unit will be going in Dec; they are going to Qatar. After the end of the phone call Penny took Emery to the City Hall park to run around and Emery was ready to get to sleep by the time she got back here. Over all it was a good weekend and I hope all of you had a good weekend and remember the people that sacrificed their lives for our liberties and freedom.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Happy Fathers Day Mark. To all other guys out here too.

I don't know if I have posted this or not , but l have been in the hospital. I went in on May 16 and got home May 20 th,late afternoon. When I w hen I feel ,. better I'll post with all the gory details.

Take all, Julia.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Community Member

A belated Happy Fathers Day to Mark! I hope it was a great one!

And Jo ~ I'm so sorry you were in the hospital! I wondered where you were. I'm glad to "see" you, and I hope you're healing well. Will look forward to hearing about your visit! I hope it wasn't TOO awful.

I've been fighting with a "bum" arm - not sure what it is, whether it's bursitis or carpal tunnel. Doc doesn't know WHAT to do with me. I'm gonna try to get into a Neurosurgeon and see what he thinks. NUTS.

Hope everyone is doing well ! It's trying to warm up here in Michigan. Doing a pretty good job at it too. Take care all & God bless. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Thanks for the Father's Day wishes Jo and Lee. I missed checking in here so I just now saw your post. The granddaughters came over today and like usual it was a treat. I grilled burgers and hot dogs after Penny and their family got back from the lake. The older one was exhausted from the lake but the younger one, Audyn had a nap in before coming over and was full of spunk. She just has so much joy that it seems to just pop out of her. She sits on the floor, when she isn't making me hold her [she really has to twist my arm I tell you] , and laughs and then crawls over sits and laughs clapping her hands. It is such a joy when they come over.

I have finished painting the bathroom after getting the new vanity in it, sure is much lighter now. I have been busy with making the headboard for our downstairs bedroom and making the vanity out of a old chest and vessel sink. The pain and discomfort is the same as always but it is like a part of me that I have had all my life. I hope evferyone has had a good couple of weeks and I look forward to seeing you posting.

I thought I would stop in and wish everyone a Happy 4th of July. I have always seen it as an important celebration but with our son now in the Army it has even more significance for our family. I hope to spend some time with the granddaughters this week end as the kids are working on finishing up the flooring by doing the kitchen this weekend. Penny and I watch the girls and play with them so mom and dad can work uninterrupted. The weather report looks like a good one with moderate temperatures and only chance of scattered rain showers. I got the yard mowed and edged so I don't have to deal with it this weekend. I have finished up all the major work in the basement so it only leaves some touch up paint work along with some trim that needs to be applied. Next year I will have to find some projects to do as the yard and house will be finished, except for two bigger projects we would like to do. Of course the way things have been going I will have to work at just getting enough sleep and waking up enough to have some kind of life with my wife.

Happy 4th everyone.

Community Member

Happy 4th of July to everyone! Mark - That's nice that you and Penny watch the grandkids allowing your kids to work. Kids are doing well. My daughter developed an allergy to an antibiotic and developed a rash all over her body. It looked like she was sunburned. She recovered without additional intervention and is doing well. She was a trooper.

Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4294969747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast