Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2274767727374757677787980818287 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Distinguished Community Member

I see not much is going on around here just like it is at our house. After sleeping all day Sunday and part of Monday I got around today and got a few things done. I am reading alot on my nook racking up money but it isn't too much. I took apart two end tables that are tall and skinny, that Penny got at the second hand store, because they were very wobbly and unsteady. I put in some shims and wood glue tightening up every joint and they are very stable now. We both like the tables as ther are decortive and have dark wood. It was windy and cool today so I didn't get outside.

I will check in later to see you Jo and if anyone else comes in.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Hi Mark. Hope you have had a good week. I tell you Mark I have been losing whole days lately!! ' you think it Is contagious? Lol

I know I stay mixed up for days. after. You know it seems like everybody has gone else where. I miss them too. Have you heard anything. from Kat? It's been ages. ages. Also I miss Hummer from chronic pain.

It's really an unhappy around here these days. Ken has been working almost around the clock on his system.He is totally shut down. He was sharing my computer when mine crashed. He went to
    Wal-Mart l last night to get grocery& came back with a Laptop for me. I have been wanting one, but haven't felt much like getting out to even look for one.

He set that thing in my lap and to l d me to find t h e tutorial and learn how to use it. Now that wasn't nice because I know Nothing about computers. I guess I'll figure out what to do it by guessing and by fishing. So, I just don't talk to him cause he is working hard to get his back online. I may even try driving that new mini van we bought last June. I have not been under the wheel. I didn't drive it for 6 Months be a ugly as of the horrible seizure. I haven't had any more and I thank God for that.

Mark, if y'all come back this way to see Tyrell let m e know and I if I'm good for the ride maybe we could get together for a . meal. I would love to meet you and Penny. May b e the girls? Think about it.

Ken has supper ready so l better run. Take care Mark, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Jo, I would love to meet you but the trip is too much for me so we won't visit him as he will have to visit us. I hope the laptop is just an open and push the button to start and it starts up with you. It is good to hear the siezures are over and I hope you can get back to driving when you want to. I can't drive for much more than 45 minutes any more as I drop off just like someone is sleepy. Used to I could drive about 3 hours and recover after the trip but now it is just a 45 min trip that does me in and I won't risk wrecking when my brain shuts down suddenly.

It is good to see you here in the room as I am think we may be the only two left. Take care, Mark
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

HI MARK. YES, I DO UNDERSTAND THE traveling. I GUESS I STILL LIKE TO DREAM. MY SISTERS USED TO GO TO PIDGON FORGE EVEFRY FALL WHEN THE LEAVES WERE TURNING. IT WAS A SPECIAL TIME FOUR US. WHEN MOM DIED I GUESS WE ALL FELT LOST. WE WERE CLOSE TO
    MOM . AND WE WENT TO THE BEACH IN THE SPRING. WE DIDN'T FEEL MUCH LIKE GOING TO THE BEACH AFTER MOM WAS GONE..

THAT'S WHEN THE 4 OF US STARTED GOING TO THE MOUNTAINS. THEN ABOUT TWO YRS AGO ONE OF MY DEAR SISTERS DIED. THAT WAS WHEN I ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL FOR TEN DAYS. ITS TAKEN ME A LONG TIME TO GET THRU THAT ORDEAL. WE HAVEN'T GONE Back to the MOUNTAINS SINCE EVEN THE THREE OH US SWORE,OVER LADY CAROLINES CASKET THAT WE WOULD STAY CLOSE AND GO PLACES TOGETHER.

SORRY MARK,DIDN'T MEAN TO GET WEEPY. I HA V RAJ D ALL OF THEM ON MY MIND TODAY. WE DID HA V E SOME GOOD TIMES AND I :HOLD THE MEMO4ES CLOSE TO MY HEART.

I'VE HAD SOME PRECIOUS TIMES I RGEHERD AND I SHALL NEVER FORGET THEM.

MY LOVE TO YOU MARK AND EVERYBODY THAT HAS BEEN A PART OF THE PARTY ROOMM

JULIARGE TREE
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Jo, not worries about being weepy here in the room as it is for anything for what we need. We live in Southern Indiana along the Ohio River surround by hills and forest so we have a great color in Fall that is beautiful. I hope you and the rest of your family can get back to getting together in the mountains. My grandkids, daughter, SIL, and Penny are going up North to see her family especially the dad that has dementia and not thought to have much more time. They will drop me off at my mom's along the way so I can visit her for a few days until they come back through. Mom has been in real good health until the past 6 months as back pain has really flared and she can't shake it any more. Other than that she still gets around pretty good and can drive down to see us but I know that won't keep going on much longer.

We were in the low 70s today and it was nice to get out in the yard. It won't last long as it is getting down to 36 tonight and staying there all day with the Canadian air serrling down over us. Semper Fi

Community Member

Hey Big Joe -- Good to "see" you. Hoping everything is ok with you. We're still freezing our fanny's off up here in the tundra of Michigan. I'm so tired of it. It snowed yesterday, but we didn't get enough to measure. Still, it's white and I hate white!!!

My daughter is moving out today, and leaving for Tennessee. Gosh, I'm going to miss her!!! It's such a long way away and since I'm disabled I can drive/ride that far so she's going to have to come visit here. I MIGHT be able to have son drive me 1/2 way down but that's as far as I'd dare try. Even that would put me in misery. Not sure how I'd do going that far. Seems now I have Fibromyalgia, along with all the stupid spinal crap. NUTS.

Anyway -- just wanted to stop in and say "hi" to everyone. Hope all are doing well, and beginning to warm up after a VERY long winter! Take care and God bless. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Lee and Jo good tidings to the two of you. I hope both of you have had a good start on the weekend. Lee, have you heard from Gina yet to find out if she is down there? Jo, you talked about going into the mountains in the Fall to see the colors changing and that is the nice thing about living here in the National forest and hills. A bit further North people from all over come around to see the colors and if our area advertised more they would come around here as it is just as beautiful.

I got outside for a bit today and did some edging around the flower beds. Iam just doing a little of prep work for when it warms up enough to start seeing the flowers blooming. We have erly Spring flowers and some late Spring flowers so we have a lot of color in our flower beds. I fixed a custard pie to go along with the cabbage, potato, and bits of ham soup. I also did a little bit of work on the closet cabinet and got it hung up and secured. I think I am going to do an addition to it down to the floor then paint it so I can move my clothes and shoes into the closet leaving the dresser in the basement bedroom for our guest that spend the night. Semper Fi

I had a good weekend as it start with the kids inviting us out to eat on Friday. I ended up holding the youngest granddaughter the whole meal. She was in a good mood and looking around including leaning way back to look at grandpa several times. She was just about asleep while I bounced he on my knee and when grandma took her she dropped off to sleep almost immediately, I guess she felt safe in her arms. Saturday was a day of sleep except for a couple of hours when I got outside to help Penny plant some bulbs and lilies. It was good I slept as I had been up for close to 40 hours and we were having a cook out with the kids on Sunday. Sunday opended as a nice warm day just about perfect for a cook out. Hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch with Audyn sleeping through lunch and about an hour after that. Megan and Darrin went out to do the weekly shopping so Penny and I kept the two girls. We went out on the porch with Penny and Audyn on the swing along with Emery on the swing with them. Audyn was happy and made a sqealing happy sound with Emery repeating it, Audyn did it again to follow her big sister and Emery echoed it. This went on for about 5 minutes with them laughing with us and having a good time. Needless to say it was a fun day. The only bad thing is I haven't been able to sleep tonight so another long time kbefore sleeping a day away tomorrow I would guess.

Community Member

Hello all ~ I guess you could say Spring is TRYING to arrive here. We're under a high wind advisory with wind gusts up to 50mph until tonight. And boy are we getting it! The sun finally came out after a morning of gloom. Tomorrow we're supposed to have thunderstorms, and the next day (get this) we're supposed to have rain changing to SNOW!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't take it!

Today is my birthday. (ugh) and I'm 64 yrs old. Where in #$%#$ did all the years go? My brain says I should still be a teenager! I FEEL so young, but of course the body has been waging war on me for years. In fact today there's a huge rebellion going on due to the weather. ARRGGHH. At least the brain fog has lifted and things are making sense again. LOL

My daughter who moved to Tennessee 2 weeks ago finally got a job down there, and started the new job today! They make lodging arrangements for the Navy personnel when they're on leave, all over the world! It's also for the Navy families too, and retired Navy personnel so they're kept very busy!! They'll be expanding to include everyone soon -- so it's going to be a very busy place. Gina said that Navy 'big-wigs" listen on the phone when Gina and the others are dealing with the Navy personnel and if she isn't pleasant & courteous, she & others get fired on the spot!!! They don't tolerate anyone that isn't courteous!

Enuf of my blabbing. Hope the roof doesn't get blown off. Have a GREAT DAY everyone! God bless. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Lee Happy Birthday and I know what you mean about the brain feeling like we are teens but our bodies are waging war against us. Great news about your daughter getting a job. It is easier to get a better job once you are working than it is to be out of work and find a good job. I hope this turns into a full time job with benefits and she enjoys the help she is giving our military personel. Spring has really sprung here this week as our temps are in the 70s and are supposed to stay there this week.

I enoyed the cookout with the kids and grandkids Sunday. The best part was when Penny and I were watching the two girls as they were having so much fun out on the porch with Penny and me. I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2274767727374757677787980818287 ... LastLast