Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 183858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast

Thread: Party room- a place for fun, pity, commiserating, or any other thing you come up with

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Karen, we got the pictures taken and Emery was a doll. I think she hams it up for the camera. Megan had a big white bow in her hair and she looked so cute. Of course she wanted to play until it was time to leave for the picture and Grandpa had to take her out on the porch swing so she didn't mess up her hair. Tyrel has a major physical fitness test in the morning so he has to get up at 4 am and out of the house by 4:30. It looked like rain most of the day but we stayed dry.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

I woke up around noon and got a few things done that I needed to do. First I went to the dr for my weekly injection then I had to stop by the store to refill my cokes. When I came home I got going on the dishes as they had piled up and I didn't want the kitchen a mess when Penny got home. I took out the garbage bags around the house getting ready to put them out on Thursday. My cervical spine and left side were hurting me so bad I made an appointment for a massage in the early evening. The long term benefits haven't been very good but the massage does feel good and I have reduced pain for a couple of hours. She was very good about finding the the tight muscles and getting my neck to relax more than it has been for several weeks. By the time I got home it was time to grill a couple of steaks for me and the boy while I made chicken kebobs for Penny. The rest of the evening has been watching TV or reading and working on keeping the pain levels down but failing at that job.

Karen, I hope you haven't been getting hit too hard by Isaac as it has tracked up your way. We are supposed to get the remnants by Sunday so I hope the heavy rain is done when we take Tyrel to his induction station on Monday.
    Last edited by Mark N; 08-28-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Hi Mark.
    We are beyond water logged. I went to town today and crossed two bridges that the water was up to the bottom. The county my parents live in has had several of the county roads just wash away,,,not even from a river just a little branch that got so swollen. We have had 2 people get killed since the storm moved on from trees falling on their cars just because the ground is so wet. I'm just thankful it never got to be stronger because it went on for days.

I'm glad the massage helps you some. I had stopped my neurontin a few months ago because I was just sick of being ditzy all the time & I had been doing ok without out until this week. My leg is going numb within a min of standing so I have to start back on it and I am dreading it. I hope you have a good weekend & do not get any bad weather out of what is left of the storm.

Hi Karen, I was seeing on the news your area was getting soaked and flooding was bad. It seems like it stalled out in your area and kept raining and raining. We are going to get some rain out of Isaac but not as much as was predicted. I hope the water recedes in a hurry for your area. I had my first sleep day in a couple of weeks yesterday. I was able to be up and awake for the college football games. The family is coming over and I will grill out as Tyrel is shipping out on Monday. We are all going out to breakfast before we have to leave town Monday. He doesn't admit it but I can tell he is getting anxious to get there and get started. I will miss him but I am even happier that he is striking out starting his own life instead of being Mark and Penny's son. He will still be our boy but he will become a man going his own way. I hope you have fewer SE from neurontin this time as I know how bad the feeling of being out of it is.

Karen, I hope you have gotten dried out by now. Pictures of the area showed how much water you had from the rain but with all the bayou country I am hoping it drained quickly. I got a called from Tyrel this past morning as he was at the airport, they were taken to the MEPPs center for a day in Louisville, saying they were flying out within the hour for boot camp. He has been there for a day and I know the Army isn't as brutal as Marine Corps boot camp I bet his head is swimming right now or at least when they wake up. He will be learning a lot about weapons and military structure here in the first session. I can't wait to get his first letter so we have his address and we can start writing to him. Penny has lashed out since he left but I hope she will be adjusted to it soon. They are calling for cooler weather over the weekend but it will be back into the mid 80s during the week.

Community Member

Hi All ~ More sun here. If I don't get some gloom soon, I'm going to go crazy. I know most people think I am already. LOL

Karen ~ Neurontin made me ditzy too. Why not ask your doc about Topamaz? It doesn't make me ditzy at all and I'm on MUCH lower doses too. Whereas I'd be up to about 3500mg by now on Neurontin, I'm only taking 400mg. of Topamax and like I said, I don't feel at ALL ditzy and don't have any side effects at all. No water retention either. It's great. That's not to say that YOU wouldn't have some side effects, but for me it's sure better than Neurontin. On that, I held about 20 lbs of water! YIKES. Just a thought. Is your area dried out from the storms/rain yet? Can you believe we only got just one small downpour and that was it? It only left one little puddle in my driveway, and that was it. Sheeesh.

Mark -- how are you doing? Is the neck any better at all? You worry me, ya know! That neck sounds a little scary. Especially since your arm goes numb & tingly. PLEASE be careful and dont do much huh? I'd hate to have to come down there and hurt ya. LOL

I'm having an awful time after having to use inhalers for COPD. I've discovered they cause bone pain, and BOY do they. It even says so on the FDA site, but yet my doc says he "never heard of that" and wants me to come in to talk about it. HUH???? What's the matter with him? Is he having a senior moment or something? He's really a good doc but this floored me. Oh well. We'll see. I'm taking the product insert to SHOW him.

Nothing else going on. Granddaughter is behaving thank God. I'd hate to hurt HER too. LOL (She's bigger than he) Take care all & God bless. Hugs, Lee
    Last edited by Leeaelle; 09-06-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Lee, sorry the inhalers were causing the pain problem but I hope your doctor can find a solution for your COPD problem that won't increase you pain levels. My cervical spine is really causing me problems right now but I am not giving up on it yet. Massage does help with the muscle spasms and I deal with the pain the best that I can. I am hoping this is just a flare and my spine will get back to its baseline levels of pain. I became a grandfather once again today as Megan had her daughter, Audyn Brynna 9 lb 14 oz
    21 inches this morning. Emery was so sweet to her sister being careful around her and giving her kisses. I brought a balloon and hair bands for Emery so everything wasn't for the baby. Emery took them over to show Audyn what she got. It was so sweet watching her bring them close enough thinking Aubryn could see what she had. Audyn is one of the quietest and most content newborns I have been around. I hope Megan and Darrin are lucky and Audyn stays like this as she ages. She does look very similar to what Emery looked like as a new born so everyone is thinking the two girls will look similar. Penny is sleeping over at their house with Emery tonight as I need to be in my chair to keep my pain levels under control. We got three letters from Tyrel and he is adjusting well to processing while waiting for the training company to form up which will be tomorrow. He likes the guys in his unit and is enjoying his time in the Army.
    It is good to have this site backup and running again.

Congratulations on that new grandbaby Mark! I know everyone must be so thrilled.
    I'm glad things are going well for Tyrell in the Army.

Nothing here worth typing about. I'm glad they got the site back up I was starting to wonder.

Karen, sorry to about all the rain and flooding in your area. I knew from news reports it was bad but someone in the area can give better descriptions about what is going on. Audyn and Megan are back home resting up. Audyn has been a very good baby so far and I hope she continues to be an easy baby to deal with. It is amazing how much she looks like Emery's infant pictures. There are some small differences but it is clear they are sisters. Tyrel called yesterday and it was good to hear his voice. He is happy with his choice and eager to get into the training phase. Things are settling down here other than my cervical spine deciding to let me know it is unhappy. My shoulders and elbows are killing me along with the stiff neck I am deal with. I hope it settles down as I don't want to start any kind of treatment or any more medication.

What a gorgeous day we had today with temps in the low 70s and clear blue skies. Pain was way up so I didn't get to do as much as I would have liked to do today. I did make a deal to sell our truck that Tyrel drove. I bought it new in 1993 and both kids drove in in high school. It is in great mechanical shape and we could have held out for more money but it is good to be rid of the insurance cost along with getting some money out of it. Penny is already said she will miss it as it has been in the family for so long. I go tomorrow for a massage and I hope it breaks the pain cycle for a bit. I hope people show up now that the site is up and running again.

Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 183858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast